Editted by ReVan Try this:

HAVE THE AT&T SIM CARD IN YOUR PHONE AT ALL TIMES DURING THE ENTIRE PROCESS
    1. Restore your phone to v1.1.2
    2. Downgrade to v1.0.2 via DFU mode, upon receiving an error 1013, use the 1.1.2 jailbreak software and click Boot from Recovery
    3. This should make your WiFi working. Now you can jailbreak and activate your phone (Windows users use: AppTappInstaller & PACAY)
    4. Add this to your Installer source: i.unlock.no and refresh the sources.
    5. Set your Auto-Lock to Never
    6. Install BSD 1.5 via Installer
    7. Under the Unlocking Tools category in Installer, install The Virginizer and let it complete.
    8. After its done check your About and see that your IMEI should be original along with your modem firmware to be 3.14
    9. Feel free to upgrade to v1.1.2 following the guides on this forum.

*Optional*

If the above steps still do not restore your IMEI to it's original number, then do the following after Step 6 :-

Prerequisites:

1. The BSD Subsystem
    2. A way to copy files to your phone
    3. A way to run commands in a terminal on your phone

Steps:

1. Copy ipe-lockdownd-tools.tgz to the root directory ( / ) on your iPhone.

* In a terminal, type the following lines:

Code:
    cd /
    cp /usr/libexec/lockdownd /usr/libexec/lockdownd.bak
    tar -xvzf ipe-lockdownd-tools.tgz
    cd /ipetools
    ./ipatcher -a
    * Reboot your iPhone.
    * In a terminal, type the following lines:

Code:
    cd /ipetools ./bricktool
    Last edited by ReVan; 2007-12-05 at 09:35 PM.
    2007-10-24 01:09 AM
    ieraser help?

After running ieraser, it still showing firmware modem version 4.02.xxx when i run bbupdater -v

when i goto the next step, i get a error: failed to download .FLS could not verifty downloaded image.

what am I doing wrong?

This also happened with mine.
    I have tried to upload all saviour pack files and keep trying and retrying but ifone still give same error.
    Why the baseband cannot be downgrade??

Beside phone, everything others are working fine, Wi-Fi, YouTube, Safari, Mail, Ipod, Camera, Installer.
    Only baseband and IMEI still cannot downgraded.

Please help...

Thanks a lot.
    2007-11-17 07:39 PM
    ReVan Edit: There are too many people facing this problem, hence I'm making this a Sticky for discussing this particular problem ONLY! Please refrain from posting in GUIDE or HOW-TO threads with this problem. All posts from miscellaneous threads will be moved over here.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all of you out there who are in a similar situation, and I know there are several of us, let's share our knowledge in this thread and try to find a solution.

There are just so many threads and 'tutorials' out there on downgrading, upgrading, virginizing, etc.... I can't tell which best suits my situation and which doesn't.

And as new software is released, our problems may either be fixed OR they may be forgotten as hopeless and we'll be left behind.

As for me, I've tried every method I can find but nothing seems to work. Here's my situation:

- bad IMEI (04999xx)
    - no wifi
    - no bluetooth
    - invalid SIM error

Background:
    - Bought a v1.1.1 phone
    - successfully jailbreak'd it and anysim'd it using the iphone.unlock.no method. was working fine for several days
    - installed some 3rd party app which caused me to get the invalid SIM error
    - tried several recovery methods but finally realized that downgrading phone and baseband to try and recover was my only/best option
    - successfully downgraded to v1.0.2 and baseband 3.14.08.
    - successfully jailbroke again with ibrickr/AppTappInstaller/etc, but above problems still remain
    - tried upgrading to v1.1.1 - no luck. upgrading to 1.1.2 and back down - no luck

I've tried:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14623
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12229
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13255
    http://www.gsm-forum.eu/iphone/15208...al-1-02-a.html
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14384
    http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elit...irginizingTool
    and others....

I've tried with my AT&T SIM in, my desired SIM in, no SIM....all combinations thereof....no luck.

At this point, I have no more options to try unless someone can lead me to another path or point out something I may have missed.

Anyone have any new ideas?
    Last edited by ReVan; 2007-11-28 at 08:04 PM.
    2007-11-19 10:27 AM
    This article works for me... I basically revirginized my device... I personally, have bricked and unbricked my phone thinking it could not be fixed but this works/worked everytime.

Device history:
    OTB 1.0.2
    anySIM 1.0.2 unlocked
    Upgraded to 1.1.1
    anySIM 1.1.1 unlocked / jailbroken
    OneSIM (unlocked)
    Upgraded to 1.1.2
    Downgraded to 1.1.1
    Downgraded to 1.0.2
    Activated using wiNstaller
    Upgraded to 1.1.1
    anySIM 1.2u unlocked
    Jailbroken using http://jailbreakme.com
    Install OktoPrep using Installer
    Upgraded to 1.1.2
    Jailbroken using 1.1.2 Jailbreak files ZIP
    Activated using hacked activation
    2007-11-19 11:24 AM
    @ARobinso0502

Thanks for the suggestion...I looked through that post and i have 2 comments:

1. My wifi is inoperative, so installing BSD/SSH and using putty is not an option. But no matter because I can accomplish the same instructions using ibrickr to install all the required files and use VT100 terminal to execute the commands

2. I've tried this exact same method several times with different combinations/variations of SIM cards, bbupdater, secpack, ieraser, etc. My understanding is that my IMEI & wifi is supposed to return to normal after the 'virginizing' process which comes after the successful downgrade to v1.0.2 & baseband 3.14.08. However this is not the case. I can achieve v1.0.2 & baseband 3.14.08 no problem....but still IMEI 4999 and no wifi.

So my suspicion is that something else is corrupted which is preventing the IMEI/wifi from returning.
    2007-11-19 02:51 PM

Follow this guide to reflash your baseband. It definitely works, I had the same problem a couple of days ago. Stick to the programs and files listed in that guide, don't mix and match with other stuff you've downloaded previously
    Last edited by redcard; 2007-11-19 at 03:10 PM.
    2007-11-19 03:08 PM
    @redcard

Thanks for the further suggestion, however http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461 was one of the first guides I tried. Its quite thorough and easy to follow, and I've followed it to the letter, but after Step 2.5, where I'm supposed to see my IMEI repaired, I still see 4999. No wifi.
    2007-11-19 03:31 PM
    @ARobinso0502

Thanks for the suggestion...I looked through that post and i have 2 comments:

1. My wifi is inoperative, so installing BSD/SSH and using putty is not an option. But no matter because I can accomplish the same instructions using ibrickr to install all the required files and use VT100 terminal to execute the commands

2. I've tried this exact same method several times with different combinations/variations of SIM cards, bbupdater, secpack, ieraser, etc. My understanding is that my IMEI & wifi is supposed to return to normal after the 'virginizing' process which comes after the successful downgrade to v1.0.2 & baseband 3.14.08. However this is not the case. I can achieve v1.0.2 & baseband 3.14.08 no problem....but still IMEI 4999 and no wifi.

So my suspicion is that something else is corrupted which is preventing the IMEI/wifi from returning.

Go try this method... I recall my devices having the same problem and all I can recall I did was ONE of the revirginizing methods...
    Device history:
    OTB 1.0.2 / anySIM 1.0.2 unlocked
    Upgraded to 1.1.1 / anySIM 1.1.1 unlocked
    OneSIM (unlocked)
    Upgraded to 1.1.2
    Downgraded to 1.1.1
    Downgraded to 1.0.2 / Activated using wiNstaller
    Upgraded to 1.1.1 / anySIM 1.2u unlocked / Jailbroken using http://jailbreakme.com
    Upgraded to 1.1.2 / Jailbroken using 1.1.2 Jailbreak ZIP / Activated using hacked lockdownd

* Baseband Flash +4 times (revirginized)
    2007-11-19 05:11 PM
    hi, just wanted to comment i'm in the same situation as monkeyking. hoping for a solution.

Go try this method... I recall my devices having the same problem and all I can recall I did was ONE of the revirginizing methods...
    by the way, that method isn't working for us since we can't even enter to configure dns settings of the wifi since it's grayed out and says no wifi, making the option inaccesible, therefore no method wich implies using wifi is good for us. thanks.
    Last edited by jeronimorv; 2007-11-19 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-19 07:41 PM
    Have you tried this?

I have tried this method also... I basically, was trying all the methods to see which was easier. Make sure you got the NOR file that's the important part...
    Device history:
    OneSIM (unlocked)
    Upgraded to 1.1.2
    Downgraded to 1.1.1
    Upgraded to 1.1.1 / anySIM 1.2u unlocked / Jailbroken using http://jailbreakme.com
    Upgraded to 1.1.2 / Jailbroken using 1.1.2 Jailbreak ZIP / Activated using hacked lockdownd

2007-11-19 09:56 PM
    Hey all - i've been in the same situation for almost a week now - i am almost going to give up.

Does anyone know of a way to make sure commcenter is working fine and of a TRUE revirginizer (rewrite the WHOLE baseband CORRECTLY).

I'm going to try and return it soon - it seems i've no other choice.

I'll keep you updated, please do the same :-D

- obzrv

iPhone 1.02 3.14.08_G No Wifi : 004999 IMEI
    2007-11-19 10:28 PM
    @ARobinso0502

Thanks, that's a good recommended link as it directly tackles resetting the IMEI manually which is what seems to be the only solution to our problem. However as Jeronimorv says, we don't have wifi so we can't do exactly this method. Also, this method seems to rely on IPSF which from my understanding is not a preferred method of resetting your system.

Perhaps someone out there has seen a similar method of directly tackling the IMEI problem, ie. manually resetting it to our specific IMEI?

Also, can anyone confirm that if we can fix our IMEI problem, the wifi problem will also be fixed? or are these actually separate issues?
    2007-11-19 11:59 PM
    Have you tried this?

I have tried this method also... I basically, was trying all the methods to see which was easier. Make sure you got the NOR file that's the important part...
    thanks, but it is also a wifi method wich i can't access, anyway i've tried similar methods with mobileterminal and still nothing.
    2007-11-19 11:59 PM
    Same problem here. I have my friends iphone and i have tried almost all solutions available without success. The phone has no wifi, no bluetooth, no sound, no signal, no iccid, no imei, nothing. I don't know what caused this, but i have been trying all the methods possible: reviriginizing tool. downgrade thread here and those from hackint0sh. When i try downgrading the ieraser command gets stuck at waiting for data and believe me i haven't skipped a step.

The phone was firmware 1.1.1 at the begining, used jailbreakme to activate, jailbreak and anysim 1.1.1 to unlock. All went well, and the phone was working for about a week.

Don't know what to do from where i am standing. My head aches. That is for today, 7 hours it's too much. I repeat, nothing worked. I couldn't make even the imei to show there, in General settings, about: network - blank, songs,videos,photos - 0; version 1.0.2; Wi-fi - blank; Bluetooth 00:00:00:00:00:00; imei - blank; iccid - blank; modem firmware - blank.
    2007-11-20 01:28 AM
    Same problem here. I have my friends iphone and i have tried almost all solutions available without success. The phone has no wifi, no bluetooth, no sound, no signal, no iccid, no imei, nothing. I don't know what caused this, but i have been trying all the methods possible: reviriginizing tool. downgrade thread here and those from hackint0sh. When i try downgrading the ieraser command gets stuck at waiting for data and believe me i haven't skipped a step.

The phone was firmware 1.1.1 at the begining, used jailbreakme to activate, jailbreak and anysim 1.1.1 to unlock. All went well, and the phone was working for about a week.

Don't know what to do from where i am standing. My head aches. That is for today, 7 hours it's too much. I repeat, nothing worked. I couldn't make even the imei to show there, in General settings, about: network - blank, songs,videos,photos - 0; version 1.0.2; Wi-fi - blank; Bluetooth 00:00:00:00:00:00; imei - blank; iccid - blank; modem firmware - blank.
    @sp33dy

- no wifi, no bluetooth, no imei --> these are the same problem we're all having
    - no signal ---> this wont' come back until we fix the above problems
    - no iccid ---> probably because you don't have a SIM card installed. but again, this won't matter until we fix the IMEI
    - no sound --> you mean you can't hear anything? even keypad clicks?
    - modem firmware - blank ---> ok this is serious. It sounds like to me that you don't even have a baseband installed. you should try one of the many tutorials out there to reinstall your baseband. since you have v1.0.2 you should go for 3.14.08. If you can get that back, then you'll at least be where the rest of us are.
    2007-11-20 05:56 AM

Follow this guide to reflash your baseband. It definitely works, I had the same problem a couple of days ago. Stick to the programs and files listed in that guide, don't mix and match with other stuff you've downloaded previously

In regards to the guide that you posted up on this thread...

I use a Mac although I do have windows parallel...So I "could" use this guide but do you know of any other guides for Mac?

And as far as the thread disscussion going on... I've already downgraded my baseband and and restored to Firmware version 1.0.2.

And I still have the "invalid" pop up notification message on my screen...

Oh and I do have the "EXACT" same problem as described by "monkeyking" on

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17094

I've also tried many many guides for mac and only 1 for windows which was something called "iDemocracy 2.0"...and that was on my windows parallel on my Mac.
    2007-11-20 07:03 AM
    I have both operating systems - nothing on both OSs has worked - so no need to bother

Will someone please tell me this isn't hopeless...
    2007-11-20 08:27 AM
    @sp33dy

- no wifi, no bluetooth, no imei --> these are the same problem we're all having
    - no signal ---> this wont' come back until we fix the above problems
    - no iccid ---> probably because you don't have a SIM card installed. but again, this won't matter until we fix the IMEI
    - no sound --> you mean you can't hear anything? even keypad clicks?
    - modem firmware - blank ---> ok this is serious. It sounds like to me that you don't even have a baseband installed. you should try one of the many tutorials out there to reinstall your baseband. since you have v1.0.2 you should go for 3.14.08. If you can get that back, then you'll at least be where the rest of us are.
    Yeap, no sound, i can't hear anything, not even keypad clicks. And yes, there is no baseband, i figured that out from the begining. And i tell you, i have tried many tutorials out there to reinstall the baseband and nothing worked. Everytime it is the same problem with almost all of them: when i give the ieraser command it will remain blocked with "waiting for data" and it said smth about the secpack not being from the correct firmware. I have than tryed with diffrent secpack files and ieraser versions, same thing. It's hopless.
    2007-11-20 10:16 AM
    Yeap, no sound, i can't hear anything, not even keypad clicks. And yes, there is no baseband, i figured that out from the begining. And i tell you, i have tried many tutorials out there to reinstall the baseband and nothing worked. Everytime it is the same problem with almost all of them: when i give the ieraser command it will remain blocked with "waiting for data" and it said smth about the secpack not being from the correct firmware. I have than tryed with diffrent secpack files and ieraser versions, same thing. It's hopless.
    When I seen this problem in the past, I was trying to use iEraser 1.1.1 and I had the wrong baseband... I downgraded to 1.0.2 and ran the revirginizer instructions from a terminal window...
    |
    Device history:
    OneSIM (unlocked)
    Upgraded to 1.1.2
    Downgraded to 1.1.1

2007-11-20 09:14 PM
    When I seen this problem in the past, I was trying to use iEraser 1.1.1 and I had the wrong baseband... I downgraded to 1.0.2 and ran the revirginizer instructions from a terminal window...
    |
    Yes, i have heard of that problem. But i don't have a baseband at all. Even if i upgrade to 1.1.1 and downgrade there is no baseband, even if i upgrade to 1.1.2 and then downgrade it will not write the baseband of firmware 1.1.2 and it seems there is no bootloader either. I am stuck big time.

I have the latest version of itunes(7.5.02). Could that be the problem that it will not write the bootloader and baseband?
    Last edited by sp33dy; 2007-11-20 at 09:26 PM.
    2007-11-20 09:24 PM
180 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD