So I bought my iPhone the day after the price dropped.. I dont know the exact date, but it hasnt been all that long..

this is what happenned..
    Friday night, my battery was dieing, I plugged it in and it seemed to be charging (little lighting bolt on the battery) the battery seemed to keep discharging tho.. finally the battery died.
    I have tried 3 different chargers and none have been able to charge the phone. The car charger I have has an LED on it.. that changes to orange from green when I plug it in.

I cant do anything.. holding down both buttons for a very long time does nothing also.

Does this mean the battery just went bad? or could it be a bigger issue like the charging part of the phone?
    2007-11-20 04:05 AM
    i have the same problem: since some days the battery is dead. no possibilities to recharge it or to connet with itunes. nothing....
    somebody have an idea what to do?
    the iphone worked great with 1.1.2. up to now...
    2008-01-13 05:41 PM
    ill buy it off of you =] or trade it or something.. how much you want??
    If i helped hit Thanks!
    2008-01-13 06:25 PM
    i have the same problem: since some days the battery is dead. no possibilities to recharge it or to connet with itunes. nothing....
    somebody have an idea what to do?
    the iphone worked great with 1.1.2. up to now...
    yeah.. one of the chips on the logic board has gone bad. It usually happens if you use the wrong charger, like an older ipod charger or a car charger designed for the ipod and not the iphone
    here is a thread on another site with a ton of info about it.

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19204
    2008-01-14 08:14 PM
    I too bought my iphone the day after the price drop and recently have had teh battery life go bad and charge time increased. I did a total fresh restore back to 1.0.2 which seemed to fix teh battery problem in OTB condiiton (it was a 1.0.2 phone when I bought it) I just reupgraded back up to 1.1.2. and re-jailbroke today. I'll know tomorrow morning if the battery still is ok. It had gotten to the point here it was losing over 1/2 its charge sitting overnight in sleep mode.
    I cant put a finger on which mod might have caused this because the battery went down hill afer i installed John Tool, and Photo Pro. Uninstalling those prorams did not help though so I cant totally blame them. I didnt reinstall them just to be on the safe side.
    2008-01-15 02:34 AM
    I too bought my iphone the day after the price drop and recently have had teh battery life go bad and charge time increased. I did a total fresh restore back to 1.0.2 which seemed to fix teh battery problem in OTB condiiton (it was a 1.0.2 phone when I bought it) I just reupgraded back up to 1.1.2. and re-jailbroke today. I'll know tomorrow morning if the battery still is ok. It had gotten to the point here it was losing over 1/2 its charge sitting overnight in sleep mode.
    I cant put a finger on which mod might have caused this because the battery went down hill afer i installed John Tool, and Photo Pro. Uninstalling those prorams did not help though so I cant totally blame them. I didnt reinstall them just to be on the safe side.
    Thats a different issue than the one i was having, its becoming a known problem if you charge your iphone with a wrong charger.
    When this issue happens, you cant charge the phone at all.. you plug it in, it gets really hot, and the battery keeps dropping while plugged in.
    2008-01-15 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD