Hello every one;
    This is my first post to the forums so I hope that this is in the right thread.

I was having troubles accessing my iPhones root folder over ftp, on a Mac through Fugu, over an ad hoc network. I looked around and noticed several others were having this problem. Basically whenever I tried to join the ad hoc network the iPhone would report a message, "Unable to connect to wifi network .......". I managed to get around this with someone's suggestion to connect to another network first and then join the ad hoc network.

Well by doing this I no longer received the error message and it says it is connected but in reality it is not, there are no wifi bars at the top and I cannot access it over ftp.

I finally managed to access the iPhones root folder over ftp by connecting to my mac over "internet connection sharring" under sharing in System Preferences. I was wondering if anyone had any advice of how to connect to my mac without using the internet connection sharring preference, and by just using an ad hoc network.

Thanks for any help you can give :)
    2008-05-25 08:27 PM
    Hello every one;
    This is my first post to the forums so I hope that this is in the right thread.

I was having troubles accessing my iPhones root folder over ftp, on a Mac through Fugu, over an ad hoc network. I looked around and noticed several others were having this problem. Basically whenever I tried to join the ad hoc network the iPhone would report a message, "Unable to connect to wifi network .......". I managed to get around this with someone's suggestion to connect to another network first and then join the ad hoc network.

Well by doing this I no longer received the error message and it says it is connected but in reality it is not, there are no wifi bars at the top and I cannot access it over ftp.

I finally managed to access the iPhones root folder over ftp by connecting to my mac over "internet connection sharring" under sharing in System Preferences. I was wondering if anyone had any advice of how to connect to my mac without using the internet connection sharring preference, and by just using an ad hoc network.

Thanks for any help you can give
    I ended up just buying an Airport Extreme to do all my networking through; which solved the problem right away.
    2008-06-11 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD