Hi all,

I don't know what i did but all of a sudden i would recieve a sms message on my phone and it would display the msg on the locked screen, but when i would unlock and go into sms there is nothing there. only the sent mesages would save there but no recieved messages. I am using unlocked firmware ver 1.1.3 with rogers, please help!!!!

Thanks in advance and thanks for all the great posts!
    8 gig iphone ver 1.1.3 jailbroken
    THis PHone RoCkS!!!!!
    2008-05-26 03:50 PM
    Hi all,

I don't know what i did but all of a sudden i would recieve a sms message on my phone and it would display the msg on the locked screen, but when i would unlock and go into sms there is nothing there. only the sent mesages would save there but no recieved messages. I am using unlocked firmware ver 1.1.3 with rogers, please help!!!!

Thanks in advance and thanks for all the great posts!
    OK, I would suggest SSHing into your iPhone and going to /var/mobile/Libary/SMS and deleting the "sms.db" file or just renaming it if you want to keep the messages.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-05-26 04:12 PM
    Rename the file to what exactly....anything specific?

Thanks
    THis PHone RoCkS!!!!!
    2008-05-27 06:42 PM
    To whatever. Or copy it you your computer. But if you don't care about old messages then you can just delete the file..
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-05-28 05:59 AM
    I dont really want to save the messages but what i want to know if why is it that when i recieve a text msg it shows it in a box which has 2 options REPLY or CLOSE, and when i press either of the 2 options i dont see the msg which i recieved under sms. If i reply back to that person and they replay back to me again, that msg will show but the original msg will not show under sms, please help!!!!!
    THis PHone RoCkS!!!!!
    2008-05-28 11:12 PM
    I dont really want to save the messages but what i want to know if why is it that when i recieve a text msg it shows it in a box which has 2 options REPLY or CLOSE, and when i press either of the 2 options i dont see the msg which i recieved under sms. If i reply back to that person and they replay back to me again, that msg will show but the original msg will not show under sms, please help!!!!!
    Did you delete the sms.db like I said?
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-05-29 12:45 AM
    I've been scouring through the threads in hopes of finding a solution to my problem, which is very similar to the one posted here. This is what I posted in my thread: "SMS problem!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    About a week ago I started experiencing this with my 1.1.3 unlocked (used in Canada on the Rogers network) phone: I get the preview of an SMS on my locked screen, I unlock the screen, the red dot is there to indicate that I have 1 new SMS. However, when I open it, the SMS is not there!! It disappears!!! The f*&#%@g red dot is still there(I can't get rid of it 'til I receive the next SMS) but the text is gone... I've noticed that this is happening only with texts from numbers that aren't in my phone book, the ones from contacts seem to be ok so far (I can read them, they stay in my conversation thread). It's extremely frustrating 'cause I can't reply or actually view the message. Any help would be very much appreciated as this is driving me absolutel bonkers!!! Aditionnally, I also started experiencing the "red dot on SMS icon doesn't disappear when new voicemail is received & checked" symptom. I checked all the forums (checked that I have a new SIM card etc) but no solution.
    Thanx in advance for any help/advice!". No replies yet.
    However, I am willing to try your solution, since the symptoms are quite similar. Forgive my for my ignorance, but I have to ask: what exactly is "SSH-ing" into a phone, and how does one do it?!?! I do have SSH installed on my phone, simply b/c when I unlocked it the step-by-step guide said to install it. I don't know what it is/does etc. Again, I am very green at this stuff & not exactly computer-prone. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
    2008-06-27 04:08 PM
    ok i resolved this problem....first off do you have sms time fix installed in your phone? I was experiencing the exact same problem what you are experiencing. I just uninstalled the sms time fix from my phone....restarted the phone and the problem was fixed.

Its better to see the sms then not having the correct time.

Lemme know if that worked for you!!! and a thanks would be nice if i helped
    THis PHone RoCkS!!!!!
    2008-06-27 07:07 PM
    Ok, uninstalled SMS timefix as soon as I got home, restarted phone & sent a test msg to check. It works!!! Yay!!!! Now I just have to find a fix for the timestamp issue lol!!!! Thanx a million, this is great for the moment ('til a solution is found where u don't have to lose another feature lol!!!)
    2008-06-27 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD