Hey,

I was just wondering, when I get the next iPhone, I will probably be keeping my first iPhone, but I would want to use it as an iPod Touch. How would I go about doing that?

-Andrew
    2008-05-27 02:28 AM
    umm dont use the phone section lol
    2008-05-27 03:43 AM
    turn airplane mode on and there is a file on installer that will turn your iPod icon into two seperate Music and Videos icons. also you can remove the phone, sms, etc apps that you wont need anymore. (maybe not remove completley but get rid of the icons at least)

info about the iPod app here: (from STE's blog)
    iPod2

This tweak removes the iPod icon from your iPhone and adds two new icons: Music & Videos. This is how it is on the iPod Touch.
    iPod3

This tweak is just like the iPod2 tweak, but adds the two new icons without removing your iPod icon.
    iPodFix

There was a bug in Installer.app that prevented the above tweaks from uninstalling correctly. Instead of replacing the original file that was backed up, the original was deleted and the tweak left in place. Installing and removing this package will put the original file back on your iPhone.
    iPod23 - Ste Packaging - No more iPHUCing around.
    2008-05-27 03:49 AM
    wifi dosent work in airplane mode. Just poof all the phone related apps. not that it is neccisary u could just not use them
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2008-05-27 05:46 AM
    put bits of black plumbing tape over the icons you don't use? *cough*
    2008-05-27 06:20 PM
    orrr you could trade me your old iphone for my ipod touch...lol
    2008-05-27 06:27 PM
    Why would someone with 1300 posts need to even ask this??
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-05-27 07:25 PM
    give it to me, ill give u an ipod touch
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2008-05-27 07:35 PM
    Why would someone with 1300 posts need to even ask this??
    i was wondering the same thing. Sir spam a lot? Lol
    2008-05-27 07:45 PM
    Just get turn on airplane mode.
    2008-05-27 07:45 PM
    give it to me, ill give u an ipod touch
    called it first!
    2008-05-27 09:19 PM
    turn airplane mode on and there is a file on installer that will turn your iPod icon into two seperate Music and Videos icons. also you can remove the phone, sms, etc apps that you wont need anymore. (maybe not remove completley but get rid of the icons at least)

info about the iPod app here: (from STE's blog)
    iPod2

This tweak removes the iPod icon from your iPhone and adds two new icons: Music & Videos. This is how it is on the iPod Touch.
    iPod3

This tweak is just like the iPod2 tweak, but adds the two new icons without removing your iPod icon.
    iPodFix

There was a bug in Installer.app that prevented the above tweaks from uninstalling correctly. Instead of replacing the original file that was backed up, the original was deleted and the tweak left in place. Installing and removing this package will put the original file back on your iPhone.
    iPod23 - Ste Packaging - No more iPHUCing around.
    The links don't seem to work. Could you repost them please? thanks!
    2008-12-03 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD