View Poll Results: What firmware is your iPhone(s) currently running?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 (or earlier)

5 6.94%
  • 1.1.4 OUT OF BOX (not hacked or jailbroken)

1 1.39%
  • 1.1.4 Non-PWN'ed but Jailbroken (by anything but PWNAGE or WinPWN)

33 45.83%
  • 1.1.4 PWN'ed by PWNAGE or WinPWN

27 37.50%
  • 1.2.0 early beta ~OR~ 2.0 Beta's 2-4 PWNed / Jailbroken or Hacked

3 4.17%
  • 2.0 5A274d Beta 5 (must be legit)

3 4.17%
    (as of 1:36 AM EST on 5/28/2008):

Put it this way: Unless you heavily rely on Exchange, I wouldn't go for 2.0 Beta 5 yet. It's a HUGE IMPROVEMENT from Beta 3, but still has ways to go as a Beta.
    I'm sure it will be gorgeous by it's final release, whenever that may be.

I reported a major bug and was able to replicate it whereby when the iPhone is set to display time in 12-hour format, the month names on the calendar were mislabeled (i.e., June was May, April was May, June was July, etc.) I figured out that switching to 24-hour format fixes this bug in beta 5.

Other things, such as Contacts Directories not unified (i.e., I set mine to show my Mac Address Book & the Contacts button on my home screen + the Contacts from within Compose New SMS both refer to my Exchange Directory's contacts. The Exchange Dir. contacts lookup is cool, but the bug is that it doesn't stick to what it's set to.

In terms of stability: Remember that 2.0 is founded on a new upgraded framework, which changes a lot of fundamental core services.
    After writing up another slip today on Apple's Developer Bug Tracking System, I asked about a Beta 6. I got no reply (yet). I really hope they release a Beta 6 because I'm getting frustrated that little bugs are popping up when you least want them to

Other issues include the Bluetooth Headset not always pairing (writing that slip up now), sync sometimes won't start, yet phone charges when plugged into machine, etc.

If you have specific questions, I may be able to answer some.
    2008-05-28 07:37 AM
    jailpwned baby

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
    2008-05-28 09:12 AM
    (as of 1:36 AM EST on 5/28/2008):

Put it this way: Unless you heavily rely on Exchange, I wouldn't go for 2.0 Beta 5 yet. It's a HUGE IMPROVEMENT from Beta 3, but still has ways to go as a Beta.
    I'm sure it will be gorgeous by it's final release, whenever that may be.

I reported a major bug and was able to replicate it whereby when the iPhone is set to display time in 12-hour format, the month names on the calendar were mislabeled (i.e., June was May, April was May, June was July, etc.) I figured out that switching to 24-hour format fixes this bug in beta 5.

Other things, such as Contacts Directories not unified (i.e., I set mine to show my Mac Address Book & the Contacts button on my home screen + the Contacts from within Compose New SMS both refer to my Exchange Directory's contacts. The Exchange Dir. contacts lookup is cool, but the bug is that it doesn't stick to what it's set to.

In terms of stability: Remember that 2.0 is founded on a new upgraded framework, which changes a lot of fundamental core services.
    After writing up another slip today on Apple's Developer Bug Tracking System, I asked about a Beta 6. I got no reply (yet). I really hope they release a Beta 6 because I'm getting frustrated that little bugs are popping up when you least want them to

Other issues include the Bluetooth Headset not always pairing (writing that slip up now), sync sometimes won't start, yet phone charges when plugged into machine, etc.

If you have specific questions, I may be able to answer some.
    Thanks for the report. It'll be interesting to see how stable it is once it is jailbroken

edit: 1.1.4 with iLiberty+
    Last edited by bts0uth; 2008-05-28 at 10:53 PM.
    2008-05-28 10:50 PM
    1.1.4 Non-PWN'ed but Jailbroken (by anything but PWNAGE or WinPWN)

I used iLiberty.
    2008-05-28 11:35 PM
    Thanks for the report. It'll be interesting to see how stable it is once it is jailbroken

edit: 1.1.4 with iLiberty+
    FYI TO ALL THAT ARE ABLE TO UPGRADE TO 2.0 5A308 Beta 6 - So far, pretty stable! I found 3 bugs which I've logged in the bug tracking system on apple's developer site. If you want in on 2.0 early, now's your opportunity!!
    2008-05-30 08:36 AM
    FYI TO ALL THAT ARE ABLE TO UPGRADE TO 2.0 5A308 Beta 6 - So far, pretty stable! I found 3 bugs which I've logged in the bug tracking system on apple's developer site. If you want in on 2.0 early, now's your opportunity!!
    How? where?
    Thanks
    2008-05-30 08:10 PM
    Ayio,lol
    FireFish,thanks for the info. I like your reports.
    2008-05-30 08:16 PM
    I got it Legit
    Beta 6 i haven't seen as many problems, think i caught two minor ones so far.
    2008-06-04 02:34 AM
    link pls for beta 6

tia,
    2008-06-04 09:53 AM
    link pls for beta 6

tia,
    2008-06-04 08:52 PM
    You must have a login to:
    iPhone Dev Center

When you log in, the iPhone SDK link on the left is seeded (& clickable) + on the right is the iPhone OS X 2.0 Beta 6 Download (+ iPod Touch version & usually a disclaimer relevant to that build.

Other links include the Program Portal, Beta Bug Submission Tracker, etc.

Attached is a screenshot of the home page.
    Attached Thumbnails iPhone 2.0 Beta 5 5a274d Stability Report-iphone_dev_portal.png  
    Last edited by FireFish; 2008-06-07 at 08:22 AM.
    2008-06-07 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD