I've noticed that sometimes the glass in the lower right corner flexes when I use the home button. When I examine it I can see that it gives ever-so-slightly. There's a slight creeking sound which is bothering me, even if it's not a huge deal.

My question is if anybody else has noticed this? Also, does anybody know how the glass is attached? Is there a simple fix, like opening it up and tightening a screw or something like that?

thanks!
    2007-11-24 06:31 PM
    Hm... haven't seen it before. If you haven't modded, I'd get Apple to switch it out. If you have, I'd just not press too hard on it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-11-24 09:07 PM
    I have unlocked it so Apple will be of little help. I'm wondering how it's attached so that perhaps there is a way to tighten it.

For now I'll just be gentle...

thanks
    2007-11-24 09:43 PM
    mine is the same - also the metal that connects to the black antenna cover on the back is slighlty mis-alighned. As mine is from the US (i'm in England), and modded I cannot take back to Apple.
    2007-11-24 09:48 PM
    I think your best bet would be to virginize the phone and return it. Glass isnt supposed to flex, its only a matter of time before it breaks on ya
    2007-11-24 10:56 PM
    It's not the glass itself that is flexing, but rather there seems to be a tiny bit of movement in the lower part of the display so that when I press the button, I touch the surrounding area and it moves a little. I'm just wondering how the screen assembly is secured. I tried looking at ifixit.com, but couldn't really figure out how.

Anybody know? are there screws that keep it all in place?

Thanks!
    2007-11-27 12:53 AM
    It's not the glass itself that is flexing, but rather there seems to be a tiny bit of movement in the lower part of the display so that when I press the button, I touch the surrounding area and it moves a little. I'm just wondering how the screen assembly is secured. I tried looking at ifixit.com, but couldn't really figure out how.

Anybody know? are there screws that keep it all in place?

Thanks!
    The screen assembly is secured by a very strong adhesive, unlike the iPod Touch which uses about 16 screws. I don't think that a moving casing is ever a good thing; you should probably virginize it and get it replaced.
    2007-11-27 03:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD