i was at a mall today and my girl saw a case she wanted for my spare iphone she is using, then as i was walking around the little store n seen a sign the unlocks iphone at this place! he charges 50.00 i seen the sorftware he uses he's got iliberty iplus and ziphone i asked if he payed or donated a cut to the creator of the software and he says why would i donate for free software?!?!? i told him but eh your making money off of the creators software u should be kind enough to donate... anther guy at a tmobile store told me he made a killing unlocking them. just sucks that he is using someone elses software to make money thats like the unlocking software i see on ebay. hell if i made the software he uses to make money ill bring him to court to collect my cut just for that guy being an as$
    Attached Thumbnails mall unlocking-unlocking.jpg  
    2008-06-02 10:19 PM
    Its a real shame honestly/ The same thing happend with the PSP's back in the day as for "UnBricking" .... Tisk tisk ...
    2008-06-02 10:22 PM
    that sucks but it's not like they can license out their jailbreaking software. if a person doesnt wanna donate then they dont have to. Maybe the creators of the program could lock it so that unless you donate you can only do one or two jailbreaks a day?? that could work. then whatever you donate is how many jailbreaks you can do in 24 hours.. $50 = 50 jailbreaks within 24 hours.
    2008-06-03 12:25 AM
    yeh that is sad. still not a bad idea i wish i had thought of opening a little kiosk to jailbreak and unlock phones for 50 bucks a shot, shizz even 25 would have been nice, for wht like 45 mins of your time.
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2008-06-03 01:52 AM
    yeh that is sad. still not a bad idea i wish i had thought of opening a little kiosk to jailbreak and unlock phones for 50 bucks a shot, shizz even 25 would have been nice, for wht like 45 mins of your time.
    you can jailbreak and unlock and show someone how to use installer within 15 minutes, probably even quicker then that..im sure he is making a killing
    2008-06-03 02:36 AM
    lmao! wow.
    2008-06-03 03:30 AM
    yea but the point i was getting at was this guy tried to tell people that he made the software to unlock it. i asked him his name and he gave me some bull name.
    2008-06-03 03:37 AM
    i charged ppl back in the day but it wasn't using the software we have now! yalls that were here from day 1 remember..lol...put ur phone in dfu mode use the emergency call..lol...put in the wifi password in then install installer...how bout jailbreak prep for 1.1.2 lol then how bout the GUI unlock for 1.1.3...oh u spoiled ppl these days don't no what we had to go thru
    2008-06-04 01:42 AM
    haha jason... back on 1.0.1 we had to use command prompt for the whole thing. ;D
    2008-06-04 05:48 AM
    i charged ppl back in the day but it wasn't using the software we have now! yalls that were here from day 1 remember..lol...put ur phone in dfu mode use the emergency call..lol...put in the wifi password in then install installer...how bout jailbreak prep for 1.1.2 lol then how bout the GUI unlock for 1.1.3...oh u spoiled ppl these days don't no what we had to go thru
    haha i remember that i didnt know what "DFU" meant
    so i just called it Definitely F***ed Up mode haha
    and remember all that downgrading and baseband flashing with putty when 1.1.2 came out?
    waaaay easier now
    now all we have to do is click
    2008-06-04 09:09 AM
    Yeah, man. Almost every electronics store in NYC has unlocked phones for like $600 for an 8GB. It's crazy...
    2008-06-04 09:40 AM
    on the market stalls near us theres a couple of guys that sell cases and unlock phones, i went for a new case and he offered to unlock my phone for 40 lmao i said no thanks mate i did it my self for nothing, he seemed shocked and didnt seem to believe me so i showed him, he asked where i got all the apps from and what they did, spend a hour with him showing off my phone, his unlocks didnt even instaler on lol.. what a con, but people dont know how to do it or aint tech savvy enough to try to unlock them on there own, so they use these people thats why they can charge stupid prices.... one guy came to the stall asking about it while i was there, i waited till he had gone and followed him i told him not to pay nothing and told him all about it, he said would i do it for him... we went to the internet cafe round corner paid 3 for a hours usage and downloaded ilibirty and did the deed. he was very happy lol.

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php
    2008-06-04 10:30 AM
    its a business. if you know how to do it, its cool. many people have no idea how to do it. i used to charge people 50 bucks back in the day. now its so easy, i just tell them what to do. if they still dont get it, i charge em.
    2008-06-04 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD