ok so here is my story:
    I was installing apps form sources with the installer....
    was downloading sumthing...
    liek shut off my phone when sumthing was installing
    and now its all screwy on me
    u can tap the screen...nothing works.... keeps like reloading the icons
    stupid icon swirls in the middle
    wont show connection to the computer
    what do i do?
    2007-11-26 08:35 AM
    I got that before, and I had to do a restore.

Hold the Sleep and Home buttons until it reboots, keep holding them until the itunes icon shows up.

Plug it into your computer and restore to 1.1.1 or 1.0.2, whatever you want.
    Just make sure you use the firmwares from the downloads section, and hold shift when you click on restore, to select the older firmware, then re-jailbreak. If you're on 1.1.1 just use jailbreakme.com.
    2007-11-26 09:33 AM
    yup i had that happen to me to. it gives you like a 5 second window to tap something then does that timed out swirley thing. the only way i could get around it is what the poster before me stated, do the full restore, and if its unlocked, you have to unlock it again.
    2007-11-26 11:29 PM
    i got mine with 1.1.1 update to 1.1.2 did all the steps to jailbreak it, now i have 1.1.2 jailbroken works with at&t but when i put a t-mobile sim it says diffrent sim connect to itune how do i unlock it so i can use t-mobile?
    2007-11-26 11:45 PM
    hmm, seems like it wasn't fully unlocked if its not working with tmo's. did you use the "use any sim" program?
    2007-11-26 11:53 PM
    i used anysim 1..2.1u

and then upgraded to 1.1.2
    Last edited by eyallevi9; 2007-11-27 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-27 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.