User Tag List

I'm looking for opinions on what to do...

Please remember I'm in Toronto Canada where the iPhone is not officially sold yet nor is AT&T service available up here...

Two weeks ago I pulled my iPhone off the iPhone cradle before work and as soon as I tried to turn it on I saw the red low battery battery warning. When I got to work it would not startup at all. Connected it to the powerbrick/USB cable at work and left it connected for about 5 hours and tried it still nothing. Did the same that night but for 12 hours still nothing but a black screen. Tried all the tricks I could find in the various forums no luck.

I spoke to a friend in NY and he lives close to an Apple Store and he offered to take it in to the Genius Bar for exchange. I FedEx'ed it to him and he took it in. The "Genius" says he can't do anything for him because the phone is not activated on AT&T. He lets me know and I call US Apple Support and the rep is very helpful and he assigns a case number and says my friend can go back to the Apple Store to exchange it. He goes back today and they say they still won't exchange it without AT&T activation.

Now what do I do? Any ideas? Can a dead iPhone be activated on AT&T?
    2008-06-04 05:13 PM
    surely if apple has assigned it a case number and also said to take it back in they would indeed fix it or exchange it. Im not from the US so im not sure what the genius bar is... if its not a apple store, just a iphone retailer, Get your friend to take it into a proper apple store and try again..

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php
    2008-06-04 05:28 PM
    surely if apple has assigned it a case number and also said to take it back in they would indeed fix it or exchange it.
    Nope. My friend said they were pretty firm in stating that they won't do anything about it. I'm going to try and call Apple Support again, unless anyone has any better ideas...
    2008-06-04 09:09 PM
    Activation is not required for Warranty support... he's just being a jerk. Ask the Apple rep to show you the warranty statement that supports his position and he'll back down. They can only void the warranty if they can PROVE you modded the hardware or software from factory.
    2008-06-04 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD