So I know half the people on this forum have probably sold their iPhone on Ebay considering the high demand and the coming of the new one. So post your selling experiences.
    2008-06-04 11:58 PM
    Um NO!
    C E E J A Y PRODUCTION'S
    2008-06-05 12:03 AM
    You thread making skills Humor me. Got any ideas for other "AWESOME THREAD?"

Im Kidding...
    EDM
    2008-06-05 12:04 AM
    I already got a buyer, but he knows he has to wait until the new one comes out
    2008-06-05 12:08 AM
    haha wheres the I haven't sold my iPhone on ebay thread? you should have made this thread a poll asking whether or not you have sold, are going to sell, or aren't selling your iPhone on ebay.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out
    2008-06-05 12:16 AM
    I would have sold mine, only I dont know the pricing of the 3g iphone nor do I know the pricing of the service or how much it costs to switch over and all from the old iphone, so I'm not willing list it up just yet, hopefully when I do I can still make a decent cut off it.
    2008-06-05 12:42 AM
    the phone price as dropped to 170 here in the UK last month.

they are going on ebay now for 300 +

my auction finishes next monday.
    2008-06-05 01:05 AM
    depending on whether rogers carries the new iphone here in canada, i will sell mine once all the facts are out (ie- pricing, data plan, new features available). i could prolly sell it to my mom since she always wants to be hip and cool, lmao.
    2008-06-05 01:10 AM
    [QUOTE=esko032;1171971]So I know half the people on this forum have probably sold their iPhone on Ebay considering the high demand and the coming of the new one. So post your selling experiences.[/QUOTEI]

I sold mine 1st on ebay to but my 16gb one. I listed it as jailbroken with 1.1.4 firmware, and TONS of app, and game ROMs already installed on it. Great condition also. Posted a great price for quick sale. Just got a couple questions from the same guy, asking normal questions, and not 3 hours later, it sold. Buyer only had 2 feedback rating, but paid via paypal within 5 minutes. He got it, and loved it, since i had 5 pages of stuff on it, and he left me positive feedback.
    It was a great sale.
    2008-06-05 01:18 AM
    nice, I'm looking at listing mine, my brothers and my girl friends probably tomorrow for a 1 day listing, saw some post on gizmodo.com that that was the best way to do it. And for the people not selling before the new one comes out I'd take this into consideration considering that every product apple comes out with is the same price at launch for 1st generation to second and once the new one comes out the value on your iphone now will go way down, but i could be wrong
    2008-06-05 02:37 AM
    I sold mine the other day for $485.I unlocked it and sold it so I can get the 3g.It was easy.I did the 1 day auction.I have sold 2 today for $500 a piece.It's crazy how easy it is to unlock and people are willing to pay out the butt for a unlocked iphone,when they could do it on their own.
    2008-06-05 02:56 AM
    nice, I'm looking at listing mine, my brothers and my girl friends probably tomorrow for a 1 day listing, saw some post on gizmodo.com that that was the best way to do it. And for the people not selling before the new one comes out I'd take this into consideration considering that every product apple comes out with is the same price at launch for 1st generation to second and once the new one comes out the value on your iphone now will go way down, but i could be wrong
    Just be sure to take pix of the actual iphone and state and show its condition. Then they will be dying to buy it. Do a buy now price for whatever you want, then a starting bid price of $20 or so cheaper, just so you get close to what you want. Mine was a 5 day listing, and the guy bought it and paid the 1st day. My stuff is always mint, and i had screen protectors on front and back, tons ofapps installed, and even threw in one of my xtra new screen protectors.
    Big selling point is to not just show a stock pic, but actual pic with your ebay username, date, and condition in pic.
    Good luck!
    ****CHECK OUT MY PHOTO ALBUM WITH MY HAYABUSA, CARS, AND WIFE***************87 mustang notch 1300+rwhp, low 8 sec. 1/4 times
    *2004 suzuki hayabusa turbo. 1397cc kit, lots of boost, and 348 rwhp. 212 mph top speed, on highway. low 8 sec. 1/4 times, and 150mph wheelies

2008-06-05 04:06 AM
    Sold my 1st 8gig for like $550 and bought a couple of other one's that was "bricked" on eBay. Just needed to be virginized and restored. One was a 4gig that ended up selling for $430 and a 8gig that sold at $510. I used to profits to purchase my 16gig.

Like prouddad says, take actual pix of the phone. And point out all the damage if any. I had mine on 3day auctions ending towards the weekend at around 11pm or so. Also, take pix of your custom theme.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped
    2008-06-05 04:23 AM
    I sold my 8GB model on eBay for $425, exactly what I paid. It sold in less than 10 minutes. I listed it as a like new phone (as it was) unlocked with a ton of apps and ROMs. I then tipped in the extra $100 to purchase the 16GB model, which I am currently using. If a new model comes out, I will list mine again, this time for $525 (what I paid for it). Perhaps I will go more this time...
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 2008-06-05 at 12:30 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-06-05 12:19 PM
    I Did Lolololol.
    2008-06-05 03:58 PM
    I did NOT! Why should I sell it,if I dont know,what will come out next Monday?
    2008-06-05 04:15 PM
    It's not like it's going to be outdated in less than a week . Oh wait.. CRAP!
    2008-06-05 05:53 PM
    It's not like it's going to be outdated in less than a week . Oh wait.. CRAP!
    lol yeah, lets say the 3g iphone does come out on monday, and it is at the rumored price of 400 for the 8gb like now which it most likly will be, the old iphone is not gonna sell for the same price on ebay, i say get rid of your iphone while u can at that price. No matter what is in the new iphone im gonna get it bc its new and its an iphone
    2008-06-06 12:54 AM
    I just sold mine. I thought I would give it a go, just to see if it would sell for enough to buy the new one. It's back was really scratched up and pitted where sand had got in between the belkin case and the phone. but the front looks great and works great as well. but as I stated it did look rough on the back. I put it up with a buy now of 200 with shipping and it sold with in 5 seconds. just the received payment and will ship it to the buyer tomorrow.

I have one question though. what do I need to do before I ship it? do I just restore it and take my sim out?

Well the cash showed up in my paypal. I did a "wipe" of the info packed it up and now it's gone. I'm using my old sony ericsson w600i. Wow only a few hours with out it and I feel lost
    Last edited by revroy; 2008-06-12 at 10:27 PM.
    2008-06-12 01:14 PM
    I'm with Fido here in Canada, a subsidiary to Rogers Wireless. I'm quite certain Fido will NOT receive the iPhone, since Fido always seems to get the **** end of the stick. Only reason I signed a three year with them is because of the Hiptop 2 with the $20/month unlimited data plan
    Got rid of it, now on Fido with the 2G iPhone.
    2008-06-12 07:17 PM
22 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD