User Tag List

I've been looking for this since i was using 1.0.2 trying to someone answer on this thread
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...highlight=text
    YET NO ONE ANSWER, they are telling to upgrade to 1.1.2 but not everyone like to upgrade.

I already upgraded to 1.1.1 yet no fixed for this SMS issue until i found this SOLUTION!

SMS received from bank/internet is scrambled/not working?

For some ridiculous reason, Apple did not add real support for the SMS standard. The result is that SMS sent with a alphanumeric/non standard number will either not be received at all or the text will get scrambled as shown on the screenshot below. This bug may even damage the SMS database on your phone. It took Apple some time, but in 1.1.2 it's finally fixed, so we can just use the phone application from 1.1.2 on 1.1.1.

How to fix the SMS problem easily:

1. Open installer, and tap Sources, Edit and Add.
    2. Type in http://i.unlock.no/ and Ok then Done.
    3. Now tap on Install at the bottom and scroll down to the Unlocking Tools category
    4. Install SMS Fix
    5. When done installing, reboot your phone and it should work

I only tested on 1.1.1 and now i can read finally the SMS from bank/internet. NO MORE TEXT MESSAGE from OUTER SPACE and dated year 2000...
    Last edited by theone77; 2007-11-27 at 08:17 PM.
    2007-11-27 08:12 PM
    you know if it works for sending out too?
    I tried to send non standard txt but they never receive my sms...

soda
    2007-11-27 11:03 PM
    you know if it works for sending out too?
    I tried to send non standard txt but they never receive my sms...

soda
    as i mentioned in the subject, this is a fix for receiving scrambled/ nonstandard SMS messsages.
    2007-11-28 05:33 AM
    does anyone know and try this to 1.0.2? just want to fix the problem of 1.0.2 also regarding this issue
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!
    2007-12-02 07:10 AM
    I've been looking for this since i was using 1.0.2 trying to someone answer on this thread
    Receiving SMS's From Masked Numbers
    YET NO ONE ANSWER, they are telling to upgrade to 1.1.2 but not everyone like to upgrade.

I already upgraded to 1.1.1 yet no fixed for this SMS issue until i found this SOLUTION!

SMS received from bank/internet is scrambled/not working?

For some ridiculous reason, Apple did not add real support for the SMS standard. The result is that SMS sent with a alphanumeric/non standard number will either not be received at all or the text will get scrambled as shown on the screenshot below. This bug may even damage the SMS database on your phone. It took Apple some time, but in 1.1.2 it's finally fixed, so we can just use the phone application from 1.1.2 on 1.1.1.

How to fix the SMS problem easily:

1. Open installer, and tap Sources, Edit and Add.
    2. Type in Unlock iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 unlock and jailbreak - Simple how to unlock iPhone tutorials! and Ok then Done.
    3. Now tap on Install at the bottom and scroll down to the Unlocking Tools category
    4. Install SMS Fix
    5. When done installing, reboot your phone and it should work

I only tested on 1.1.1 and now i can read finally the SMS from bank/internet. NO MORE TEXT MESSAGE from OUTER SPACE and dated year 2000...
    I did as instructed, Phone now wants to connect to Itunes which is at home, I'm at work so can't reboot and use the phone 'till I get home again.I just wanted to transfer some money but now have no phone. Thanks, but it would have been better to know before I proceeded to install the fix.The phone is jailbreaked so I hope it will work when I connect to Itunes...........
    2010-01-05 10:38 PM
    Wow, old thread revived after 2 years. I am glad someone actually did a search on the forums. Wouldn't this had been fixed on current regular firmwares though?
    2010-01-06 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD