hi guys this is actually my girlfriend's iphone problem.it's kinda weird.when my girlfriend connects her iphone to her laptop it recognizes the phone as a digital camera but the laptop blacks out and does not work (does not reset,just a blank screen) unless you unplug the phone.if you leave the phone plugged in the computer does not turn on.she has a toshiba satellite laptop.apple said the iphone is not compatible with her computer but i don't buy that.any ideas why this happen?
    2007-11-28 06:09 AM
    how old is the laptop? could be outdated....
    2007-11-28 05:14 PM
    how old is the laptop? could be outdated....

she just bought it last year.
    2007-11-28 07:14 PM
    hi guys this is actually my girlfriend's iphone problem.it's kinda weird.when my girlfriend connects her iphone to her laptop it recognizes the phone as a digital camera but the laptop blacks out and does not work (does not reset,just a blank screen) unless you unplug the phone.if you leave the phone plugged in the computer does not turn on.she has a toshiba satellite laptop.apple said the iphone is not compatible with her computer but i don't buy that.any ideas why this happen?
    By the sounds, I would take Apple's word for it.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-11-28 07:37 PM
    Both our phones work with wife's toshiba satellite laptop(bought last year too model A135-S4487) Did you try openning up iTunes then connect the iphone or dl new version of iTunes?
    Last edited by vincent6396; 2007-11-28 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-28 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD