View Poll Results: Are You Disappointed With the iPhone3G?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

140 67.96%
  • No

66 32.04%
    Are You Disappointed With the iPhone3G?
    2008-06-09 09:52 PM
    Little bit...besides a new look, 3g, GPS, and the new 2.0 software, not much of a difference...was hoping for the front-facing camera and maybe some of the features like sending pics, video, MMS and what-not..

Im still gunna buy the iPhone 3g tho
    2008-06-09 09:59 PM
    OF COURSE WE ALL ARE! It will be ONLY with a contract!
    2008-06-09 10:02 PM
    Are you kidding me? Lower price point, GPS, very good battery life.

You people want God in a phone.
    2008-06-09 10:04 PM
    OF COURSE WE ALL ARE! It will be ONLY with a contract!
    Angry bout that too..guess they finally cracked-down on unlocking,
    2008-06-09 10:04 PM
    Angry bout that too..guess they finally cracked-down on unlocking,
    But,I hope it somehow could have been leaked though...
    2008-06-09 10:09 PM
    I'm split. Its a better phone, but not much better. A 2.0mp camera, again, WHAT?! I went livid at that. Assisted GPS, ouch.

Not really suprised though.
    2008-06-09 10:09 PM
    Disopointed That I bought a 16gig a month ago for $500. I thought they would be more. Well there cheap so I will probably hand this one down and get the new one. After its unlocked If it gets unlocked
    2008-06-09 10:15 PM
    i was hoping for atleast mms and a slightly better camera maybe even some auto focus so i could go back and forth with my n95 but idk now
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon
    2008-06-09 10:19 PM
    i think im going to vomit bc im so excited
    2008-06-09 10:53 PM
    Yes it has new features, but it lacks of more others. Why doesn't apple hear what the people want? they could sold their phones in $500 or more and people would buy it with all the cool features the people want, not only the ones apple have put into the new iPhone.
    2008-06-09 11:24 PM
    I'm with tmo so 3G is worthless to begin with. that being said I'm not disappointed with it. Price is good and battery life is up. the phone looks good imo ( I never liked the apple stuff with metal backings like the first gen ipod nano justs scratches way too easly...)

If I can keep my patience I'll wait for the new phone to get hacked and fully operational with tmo... otherwise I'll pick up an older one for even less...

did apple fall short, yea I think so. they are supposed to have "elite" products... and well this isn't perfect but it is what it is and we still love it!

and a lot of stuff people are looking for can be added via firmware. sans the video conferencing (which I don't care for anyways most of my friends are ugly.. lol)
    Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is time rich and cash poor. (Little Brother by Cory Doctorow)

2008-06-09 11:37 PM
    a lot of stuff people are looking for can be added via firmware. sans the video conferencing (which I don't care for anyways most of my friends are ugly.. lol)
    u need a VIDEO camera on the front hence HARDware, for that to work, not FIRMware. A software update can't automatically install a camera on the front of a device. And what about a flash for the camera, that's what people have been looking for and that looks like it won't be on this phone either, Apple fell short IMO
    2008-06-10 02:03 AM
    You have no clear understand of the word "sans" mean do you? :P
    2008-06-10 02:08 AM
    You have no clear understand of the word "sans" mean do you? :P
    I mean if you were to speak in "clear" English and not some slang you made yourself, then maybe I would
    2008-06-10 02:14 AM
    camera should have been deffo better. gps is nice upgrade but its all dead bacause of in store activation. that sucks. i would even sign up but i cant because i dont have social security number which sucks and they wont let me sign for contract without that. stupid rules. but man, some of those apps and games they showed look really good. so lets see whats gonna happen on 11th.
    <- crossed fingers for "home activation"
    2008-06-10 03:09 AM
    camera should have been deffo better. gps is nice upgrade but its all dead bacause of in store activation. that sucks. i would even sign up but i cant because i dont have social security number which sucks and they wont let me sign for contract without that. stupid rules. but man, some of those apps and games they showed look really good. so lets see whats gonna happen on 11th.
    <- crossed fingers for "home activation"
    wow...
    U don't Have a Social Security Number?
    smh....And how old are you?
    Don't make no d*** sense
    Last edited by TheYoungHustla; 2008-06-10 at 03:52 AM.
    2008-06-10 03:28 AM
    1. Based upon the demo for the GPS, it's lame. Anything that doesn't give active tracking with turn by turn audible directions is useless in a car. Not having the maps reside on the unit also sucks...what do you do if coverage goes away?

2. Considering they have jacked the price of data higher than it used to be, the phone isn't $199 or $299. In the long run you're still paying more...just on a monthly basis. Kinda like financing over payments to give the impression that the phone is "less".
    2008-06-10 04:42 AM
    wow...
    U don't Have a Social Security Number?
    smh....And how old are you?
    Don't make no d*** sense
    someone is a little mad....

the new phone is definately not worth the upgrade at all. People should only get it if they do not have an iphone already. i still have an 8 gig unlocked that i switch back and forth with my n95 and a few others and the only thing going for it is the touch. i think i'll stick with my unlocked phones than have to be stuck with just one
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon
    2008-06-10 05:01 AM
    I mean if you were to speak in "clear" English and not some slang you made yourself, then maybe I would
    "Sans" is not slang. It's French, and it means "without."

You'd think you'd recognize it from font faces/types -> "Sans serif" :rolleyes

Higher edumacation much?
    Last edited by Lecram25; 2008-06-13 at 06:27 PM.
    2008-06-10 05:12 AM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD