Any Help will be VERY Appreciated!!

After itunes restore phone will not boot & stays on Apple logo, with spinning wheel quarter of the way down logo, have tried in DFU & Restore mode, reason I am doing this is phone freezers daily!(with no apps what so ever) Trying to turn it on is usually the main cause of my problem, this has happened over the past week or so, so doing a restore daily is driving me up the wall.

Any one had this issue i would love to hear it, or if you know a solution i can't wait to hear it.

TIA,

Edit, I have use Pwnage tool, but still no joy to get a boot what so ever.
    Last edited by nickh; 2008-06-11 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-06-11 02:24 PM
    Are you sure that you are getting into DFU mode? (black screen) Your described symptoms sounds like maybe you are not.
    2008-06-11 02:46 PM
    Yes, I am 100% its in DFU mode
    2008-06-11 02:53 PM
    And you have tried shutting down and rebooting the computer, changing USB ports. Trying another computer, etc.
    2008-06-11 03:06 PM
    Yes i have tried all you mentioned, tried it on all 3 ports of my iMac and the 2 on Macbook, but still no joy. You help me out a few days ago on this issue and i thought the problem was solved but it is still on going.
    2008-06-11 03:13 PM
    I was reading on another forum a while back and the fix that the person came up with was to download the 1.1.1 restore ipsw. Do a DFU restore to 1.1.1 and then do a normal upgrade to 1.1.4 and then jailbreak. Don't know if it works, but worth a try.
    2008-06-11 03:18 PM
    Cheers, I will give that a go, I tried it with 1.1.3 but got error from itunes. I will keep my fingers crossed, as am at the last straw, phone has not been released here as yet (same as US release date, we get the 3G as well) so can't take it back to Apple Store, If this fails i think i will stamp my size 13 shoe on it and throw it in the bin. FOR GOOD.
    2008-06-11 03:25 PM
    Cheers, I will give that a go, I tried it with 1.1.3 but got error from itunes. I will keep my fingers crossed, as am at the last straw, phone has not been released here as yet (same as US release date, we get the 3G as well) so can't take it back to Apple Store, If this fails i think i will stamp my size 13 shoe on it and throw it in the bin. FOR GOOD.
    If you get a 1015 error. Open ziphone for the mac and go to mode and then select restart in normal mode.
    2008-06-11 03:31 PM
    I will give that a try, cant remember error number but will re run the restore. Thanks given!

UPDATE: Got error 1015, waiting on Ziphone to download.

Update # 2.

Tried as you suggested, but still no go, Ziphone states, searching for iphone, Rebooting in normal mode. Screen on phone goes a lot brighter but after a minute the spinning wheel appears on the arrow pointing to iTunes logo on phone.
    Last edited by nickh; 2008-06-11 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-06-11 04:17 PM
    WOW.... I am about out of ideas on this one. Will Ziphone put the phone into DFU mode? If so try that and then restore back to 1.1.4 in itunes... Boy...what a bummer
    2008-06-11 04:23 PM
    No, i tried all the options in mode section, searches and finds phone AOK, goes on to next step but just cant boot it at all.
    2008-06-11 04:29 PM
    Thanks Hiflyer,

No go at all on your suggestions, phone just will not boot any further past apple screen.

Anyone else have any input, please let me know.

Thanks.
    2008-06-13 03:04 PM
    When it just shuts down after the apple-logo, the battery might be dead. If you remove a batt from an iphone and connect it to dock/usb, it boots and shuts down after applelogo.. If it's not the battery, your commboard may be damaged. Do you see a low batt-screen when connecting it to usb/charger?

Good luck, cheers,

Johnny Crash
    2008-06-13 08:47 PM
    Its not the battery holds charge no problem, I have finally got it to boot, now i have a constant freezing problem, most of the time when go to use it, freezing at "slide to unlock" screen. and then the spinning wheel will appear after 30 seconds or so. Does this sound like the commboard is the cause of this, and is it fixable?

Cheers,
    2008-06-15 05:20 AM
    Sorry nickh, I ment the motherboard instead of commboard. I had a iph witw broken m-board, and it would just randomly shut down, and i only could restart with a restore.
    The hardest thing is removing the back-cover; switching the boards isn't that difficult.
    Anyway it sounds like a hardware problem.

Good luck, cheers,

JC
    2008-06-15 02:24 PM
    Cheers for the feedback JC, do you think if i sent this back to a friend in the US to take it back to an apple store they will fix it, or even replace it?
    2008-06-15 03:13 PM
    Normally i think they would replace the phone, but since apple has no 'old' phones left, they should repair it I think. Maybe ask your usa-friend to make a phonecall to apple for info..

I live in Netherlands, and there also are companies overhere, who would fix this for 80,-

Hope something workes out!

Cheers JC
    2008-06-15 03:35 PM
    Dank u wel JC,

Will send him an email and see what gives.

Thanks again,
    Nick.
    2008-06-15 03:40 PM
    this happened to me a lot, i just had to restore on another computer, or you will have to set up as a new phone
    2008-06-15 03:40 PM
    @ flattop, I have done what you suggested countless times, on my iMac and Macbook, set up as new phone but still no joy.

I think JC has hit the nail on the head, to my problems, i also have constant freezing when it does boot up, so its a hardware issue i have.

Thanks anyway.
    2008-06-15 03:44 PM
22 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD