The other day I was fooling around with an iPod touch and an iPhone and found out something pretty cool. Instead of buying one of those expensive iPhone styluses, buy something else. An iPod touch. That's right! Where you plug in the headphones of an iPod touch works great as a stylus. Try it if you don't believe me! Where you put the SIM card in an iPhone also works, but barely, I would recommend the iPod touch if you want one that works nicely.

Note: it doesn't work exactly where you connect the earphone, more to the right.
    2008-06-13 06:28 AM
    well, you coulda worded it better. the way you put it, an ipod touch is the replacement for a stylus lol. which doesnt make sense, i see what your saying but it was confusing lol.. thanks for the info tho
    2008-06-13 06:31 AM
    what the heck is he saying?
    2008-06-13 05:04 PM
    idk, i was pretty blazed when i replied the first time and i thought i understood what he was saying but now that im sober i have no idea..hahaha
    2008-06-13 07:30 PM
    ???????????????????????????

that went over my head. Can anyone elaborate for a translation?

how can a headphone jack work as a stylus..........I think it's time for the op to lay off the booze.
    Last edited by swifty7; 2008-06-15 at 02:06 PM.
    2008-06-14 06:08 AM
    he basically said the iTouch is a replacement for a stylus on the iPhone. Yeah... and he says the stylus will fit in the headphone jack of the iTouch but not the iPhone because they are diffrent.

So with his logic, if you want an iPhone stylus, buy an iTouch lol...
    2008-06-14 01:03 PM
    Whoo, lucky me, this will probably end up in engrish.com

What I tried to say was that the iPhone's touch screen recognizes the area around the iPod touch's headphone jack, meaning, you can use the iPod touch as a stylus.
    2008-06-14 08:15 PM
    Now that makes the first post make more sense. But where can you get a stylus anyway? In my country there's no such thing available in any mac stores or other technology / computer stores ...
    I LUV ORBZ

You got good eyes and are willing to destroy them reading this. Oh yea, and you just wasted 30 seconds of your precious life. Enjoy the rest. And stop reading so you won't waste another 20 seconds. I knew it, you couldn't stop yourself. Aaargh, 10 more seconds gone!!!!!
    2008-06-14 08:23 PM
    Apple store isn't selling them, but some other people are. This is a link I found of someone selling one. Some people say they need styluses because their fingernails are too long, or because if it's too cold, they have to remove their gloves to use their iPhone.

Here is a link of iGiki selling iPhone styluses: iPhone_Stylus
    2008-06-15 12:48 AM
    Whoo, lucky me, this will probably end up in engrish.com

What I tried to say was that the iPhone's touch screen recognizes the area around the iPod touch's headphone jack, meaning, you can use the iPod touch as a stylus.
    lol!! why would anybody want to do that?

and why are all stylus for iphone so thick and cumbersome. Why can they make a regular shape stylus(pda style) with a narrow magnetized tip.
    Last edited by swifty7; 2008-06-15 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-06-15 02:09 PM
    I always end up losing styluses. I would probably end up losing an iPhone stylus in a day, because there is no place to put it. I don't need a stylus either, I've never needed one. My fingernails are short, and where I live, it's 100 degrees F (38 C), so I never need to use mittens because of cold weather.
    2008-06-16 10:33 AM
    The other day I was fooling around with an iPod touch and an iPhone and found out something pretty cool. Instead of buying one of those expensive iPhone styluses, buy something else. An iPod touch. That's right! Where you plug in the headphones of an iPod touch works great as a stylus. Try it if you don't believe me! Where you put the SIM card in an iPhone also works, but barely, I would recommend the iPod touch if you want one that works nicely.

Note: it doesn't work exactly where you connect the earphone, more to the right.
    Yeah, because an iTouch is cheaper than a stylus...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-06-16 12:21 PM
    Yeah, because an iTouch is cheaper than a stylus...
    That's right, if you know where to buy them...
    2008-06-26 10:27 PM
    Logic Denied.
    Dude, dont even try to defend yourself there. Even a cheap iPod touch wont be cheaper than a stylus. Ive seen many iPhone stylus's for no more than 30$. If you know where to get an iTouch for less than that, let us know.

An iTouch is NOT cheaper than a stylus.
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!
    2008-06-27 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD