Ok now that I have your attention. This will only apply to new (1st Gen Activations).

This information came straight from ATT rep.

Why I feel this is important for some. I was thinking of getting a 1st generation for my wife Used in new condition because she will not use it to surf the net as I just bought her a new Sony vio. My idea was to save $15 a month. That is $10 increase for data and if you didn't know it yet you have to buy the 200 text messages (if you want to text) for $5.

Well at this point I might as well get her a new 3g if it's going to be the same price per month as a first generation. Only good news is if you already have a plan stay on it. Second if you are thinking of waiting until the new 3g comes out before you buy a 1st gen hoping the price drops. Don't wait unless you are prepared to pay $35 per month for the same service you would get prior to july 11th for $20.

Again this came straight from a Service Rep at ATT.

OH and one more thing he said and before you flame me he said it not me.

"The new Iphone 3g will have spyware on it that will report if you put any third party app's on your phone and it will be immediately shut down and become useless. So no more jailbreaking. Yeah that sounds like BS to me too but he said it.
    Last edited by pospower; 2008-06-14 at 10:45 PM.
    2008-06-14 10:43 PM
    2008-06-14 10:49 PM
    hmm can anyone confirm this..
    2008-06-14 10:55 PM
    hmm thats one good thing about contracts i suppose
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2008-06-14 11:00 PM
    "The new Iphone 3g will have spyware on it that will report if you put any third party app's on your phone and it will be immediately shut down and become useless. So no more jailbreaking. Yeah that sounds like BS to me too but he said it.
    That's the only thing that might bother me, but I'm sure there's away around it.
    I LUV ORBZ

You got good eyes and are willing to destroy them reading this. Oh yea, and you just wasted 30 seconds of your precious life. Enjoy the rest. And stop reading so you won't waste another 20 seconds. I knew it, you couldn't stop yourself. Aaargh, 10 more seconds gone!!!!!
    2008-06-14 11:06 PM
    Failed
    2008-06-15 12:30 AM

and they will now how? i really doubt there will be any type of software that will be able to detect that and even if there is i really doubt it will be on the iphone...
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod
    2008-06-15 12:48 AM
    This guy is just trolling, how can what he is saying be remotely true.

I dont buy it at all
    2008-06-15 12:57 AM
    That would be illegal to break it just because it was tampered with. That like modifying a car and it has a chip that will cause the engine to explode. I say the whole thing is bull. The reason there raising the data plan for 3G is because the new one is subsidized. The old one wasn't so I dont see how they would raise prices
    2008-06-15 01:02 AM
    The average MMI user knows more than most AT+T 'reps' about the new iphone
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-06-15 01:08 AM
    I agree. They told us our phone would be bricked if we unlocked it after 1.2 and we are still going strong.
    2008-06-15 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD