Last night while watching a movie on YouTube, my speaker sudenly stopped working. Now my ringtone does not sound either. Everything else meaning the headphones and the earphone, is working just fine. It is just that the speaker seems to be broken.
    I already searched online and found some posting on the subject, which all suggested cleaning the phone jack and trying to insert and take out the headphones. I tried it but with no success. my speaker still doesn't work.
    Currently I'm on 1.1.4 jailbroker and unlocked using ziPhone.

Two questions:
    1. Is there anyway to veryfy that it's hardware and not software issue?
    2. If I need to take back to Apple store, will restore and iTune acctivation will be enough (I'm ATT customer)?

Thanks for the help.
    2008-06-15 05:11 AM
    1. No, but you can try to reset the iphone's settings( go to settings, general, reset)
    2. Yes

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
    2008-06-15 05:16 AM
    do I need to delete any file manually, or will they all be gone after the restore?
    I guess my question is will there be any trace that the phone was jailbroken an unlocked, using the ziPhone?(keep in mind that I am ATT subscriber)
    2008-06-15 08:57 AM
    what the...? just reset the settings under setting, general,reset.
    you dont need to restore not unless its completely balled
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.
    2008-06-15 10:22 AM
    I tried reset the settings but that didn't help.
    Still no sound from the speaskers.

I guess I have to take to the Apple store.

1. Do I need to delete anything manually or will it be erased when I do a restore in iTune?
    2. After the iTune restore will the Apple tech be able to know if I jailbreak it, or weither it was unlocked?
    2008-06-16 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD