This is what happened randomly after configuring some stuff on Customize, vWallpaper, and Summerboard. I'm really not sure at all how to fix this.

Clarification: Web browsing and SMS work, it's just this weird fuzzy stuff comes up every time I type

Resetting the phone doesn't work. I really don't want to resort to Restoring the phone. All of the functions on the phone are working correctly, including iPod (videos show up fine). Oddly, I'm not able to change my Lock Screen Wallpaper. So far I've uninstalled Customize, turned off vWallpaper, and returned to the Default theme on Summerboard with no results.

HELP?
    Last edited by NOLabels; 2008-06-15 at 06:52 AM.
    2008-06-15 06:47 AM
    why dont you try unistalling vWallpaper...i heard there are several bugs in that software...
    2008-06-15 02:59 PM
    try uninstalling some of your big apps, then reinstall them if that doesn't work, restore
    2008-06-15 04:02 PM
    Removed vWallpaper, Summerboard, and Customized.

Still nothing. If I restore the phone, how do I do so without bricking it? (1.1.4 unlocked)
    2008-06-15 08:14 PM
    Plug into iTunes and hit the RESTORE button.
    2008-06-15 08:31 PM
    Plug into iTunes and hit the RESTORE button.
    Won't that brick my phone?
    2008-06-15 09:32 PM
    it could possibly be a corrupt keyboard file, try replacing your keyboard and then reboot springboard and phone. see if it goes away

try one of the keyboards from this thread: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/new-ski...hwpen-mod.html

make sure you get the correct FW version for your phone

also you might want to try without customize, just replace the keyboard files in the uikit framework directory
    back ur current up tho
    2008-06-15 09:45 PM
    Won't that brick my phone?
    WTF? where did you hear that from? thats total bullshiznit. Just restore and jailbreak again.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
    2008-06-15 10:45 PM
    WTF? where did you hear that from? thats total bullshiznit. Just restore and jailbreak again.
    id suggest trying to replace your keyboard file first before you restore.. you'll lose everything and its a pretty good possibility its your keyboard file
    2008-06-15 10:50 PM
    id suggest trying to replace your keyboard file first before you restore.. you'll lose everything and its a pretty good possibility its your keyboard file
    I'm pretty sure my keyboard file isn't the only problem:

Hope that clears things up. The "loading spinner" also is messed up.

The last time I restored my phone I bricked it trying to go from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 It was pretty frightening. Infact, I don't even remember what I used to do it; it definetely was not iLiberty or ZiPhone. It was some method posted here or um, iphone.unlock.no. I have no idea.
    2008-06-15 11:05 PM
    1) Connect to itunes
    2) Click restore[ if it ask to back up say NO, if/when it ask you to set up as new phone or restore back up set up as new phone]
    3) Check on the keyboard and anything else that was messed up.
    4) If things are still messed up, try restore one more time.
    5) Jailbreak using iLiberty, iDemocracy[not recommend by me], or WinPwn. Do not use ZiPhone

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
    2008-06-15 11:12 PM
    1) Connect to itunes
    2) Click restore[ if it ask to back up say NO, if/when it ask you to set up as new phone or restore back up set up as new phone]
    3) Check on the keyboard and anything else that was messed up.
    4) If things are still messed up, try restore one more time.
    5) Jailbreak using iLiberty, iDemocracy[not recommend by me], or WinPwn. Do not use ZiPhone
    I'm going to lose everything in my phone through that method & I'm not going to risk it. Thanks though.
    2008-06-15 11:35 PM
    restore is probably your only option.
    2008-06-15 11:58 PM
    If I restore and register as a new phone, how do I put back all of my stuff?
    2008-06-16 07:34 PM
    If I restore and register as a new phone, how do I put back all of my stuff?
    the same way you got them on there... restore with itunes and then open iliberty or pwn and jailbreak/unlock it.
    weird question, im guessing you purchased your iphone already jailbroken

oh and if u mean contacts and stuff then when you sync with itunes, it creates a backup of normal phone data. no 3rd party settings will be saved but apple's stuff will.
    2008-06-16 11:21 PM
    If you dont restore, I will Laugh.
    You WILL get everything back on, and fix your problem. You restore with Itunes, and Set it up as a new phone/ use the backup.

Whats risky about that?
    I mean, im generally a nice person who browses these forums just to help people, but if you dont do this, and none of the other suggested ways work, you ARE an idiot.

But good luck
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!
    2008-06-17 12:35 AM
    the same way you got them on there... restore with itunes and then open iliberty or pwn and jailbreak/unlock it.
    weird question, im guessing you purchased your iphone already jailbroken

oh and if u mean contacts and stuff then when you sync with itunes, it creates a backup of normal phone data. no 3rd party settings will be saved but apple's stuff will.
    Actually, I'm just unfamiliar with what can happen when you perform "restore" or "update" on an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone. I mostly spent time using 1.1.2 and then I updated to 1.1.4 because there were apps I wanted to use that were incompatible with anything lower than 1.1.4.

I bought my phone from AT&T (OTB 1.1.2, Week 52?).

I'm going to try this out, I'm really just afraid of bricking it.

If you dont restore, I will Laugh.
    You WILL get everything back on, and fix your problem. You restore with Itunes, and Set it up as a new phone/ use the backup.

Whats risky about that?
    I mean, im generally a nice person who browses these forums just to help people, but if you dont do this, and none of the other suggested ways work, you ARE an idiot.

But good luck
    Wow ... that was a bit inappropriate.
    Last edited by NOLabels; 2008-06-17 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-06-17 04:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD