ok i was driving today and a had my phone connected to my car with an AUX cable. it suddenly stopped playnfg music so i was like whatever its the cable because it still played on the speaker.

i get home and my phone looks dull on half of the phone and none of the screen responds. the sleep butten works, i double click the home button and it shows the ipod screen, the ringer volume works, it accepts calls but i cant answer because i need the screen, it still vibrates and everything.

idk what to do, my limited 1 year warranty ends till october this month, will it cover this issue??

what can i do, is my phone useless now
    2008-06-16 08:31 AM
    I'd say get it replaced through your warranty.
    Apples taste good.
    2008-06-16 08:33 AM
    One question was the AUX cable Apple OEM or another brand?
    2008-06-16 08:41 AM
    its another brand, not an apple accessory
    Last edited by elduu; 2008-06-16 at 02:42 PM.
    2008-06-16 10:30 AM
    thats y
    life as a bootlegger
    2008-06-16 06:23 PM
    I have a question.
    When you get your iphone replaced via warranty, and you restore it ( because you unlocked it like me ), and I bring it into the apple store, am I supposed to have that sim card in the slot it came with? Because I lost mine the day after I bought my iphone and unlocked it( no problems with it yet, but you cant help to know these things).

I doubt it makes a difference, but its helpful to know. Thanks in advance.
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!
    2008-06-17 12:50 AM
    What does it matter if the cable is made for the iphone or not?
    2008-06-17 01:44 AM
    What does it matter if the cable is made for the iphone or not?
    it should work, but it might not because it is not made for the iphone
    2008-06-17 01:46 AM
    but aux is output sound, nothing really going into the phone itself
    2008-06-17 09:50 AM
    actually apple is very aware of this half screen problem, as i came across it once before to, i never use any other accessories, or do anything different ....it just decided to one day stop working (bottom portion of touch screen)

IT IS COVERED UNDER WARRANTY but make sure you do a restore first because you dont want them to void ur warranty

best part is, youll have a nice new phone with no scratches or wear n tear like ur old one may have had, lol
    2008-06-17 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD