Hi

I really need someone to help me get some answers. I have the Iphone with 1.1.4 firmware I tried to use ziphone to unlock and now the phone is in DFU mode.

It asks me to restore it in itunes...if I restore it will I lose all my numbers and other information on the phone?

If yes can i get out of DFU mode with losing any information? I dont mind if I cant unlock it.
    2008-06-18 05:51 PM
    this is a classic example as to why we sync before messing with the iphone

lol

if u synced ur iphone before having problems then u should be good

restore ur iphone if necessary, if stuck in dfu mode, then use ziphone to boot in normal mode

use iliberty to hack the iphone but if u already hacked it using ziphone then u should be fine.

when restoring just set the phone up as a new one and sync contacts from computer to phone afterwards, for this is what i have done quite a few times =]

pm me if u get stuck or need help
    2008-06-19 04:21 AM
    I backed up my 3g iphone before I used pwnage-as a matter of fact, I backed up the phone three times. The phone was jailbroken with blackra1n but was not unlocked. I was trying to update the 4.0 and unlock. The phone was doing fine in pwnage and I got it in dfu mode. When I went through the process of restoring, I get an itune error message that says "Itunes has detected a phone in recovery mode. You must restore the phone before it can be used in iTunes. Well, I click restore and I click on the firmware 4.1 custom firmware pwnage made and I get the error, "the "iphone" iphone could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible.

I had named the phone under my son's name, but now it only recognizes it by the name iphone.

Can someone help me please?! We are going on vacation in a day and I hope I did not "brick" this phone! If I click just "restore" it wants to verify the phone with apple.

The phone was originally with AT & T but I am now with T-Mobile.
    2010-12-21 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD