What's up with the following:
    -when am charging my iphone it gets hot.
    I called applle and they said it was normal. Is it?
    Anyone with the same problem?
    2008-06-19 03:15 AM
    when I charge the iPhone and it is on, it gets HOT!

especially on a warm day.
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1
    2008-06-19 03:19 AM
    yeah, a bunch of noobs on MMI know better than Apple. Well done
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-06-19 03:25 AM
    Dude! Who said that we knew?? If I knew I wouldn't have asked!!!
    And redcard you need to get help! Your always starting this sh*t.. What's wrong with you

@jakecigar, I noticed that too... Its only when its on and am using it... But I don't think that this right!!! Its very uncomfortable specialy when talking on it...
    and please anyone that wants to comment: say something usefull or shut the hell up!
    2008-06-19 03:51 AM
    well you could tell redcard posted almost 1000post and only 5 thanks lmao, it kinda tells whats up with him lol
    2008-06-19 03:55 AM
    REDCARD, how many good people need to REPORT YOUR SORRY ***?

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1
    2008-06-19 04:06 AM
    Normal

2008-06-19 04:07 AM
    man i tought my phone was on fire especially if you smell the headphone jack it smells like its burning i guess normal

but damb which they could add a small fan inside that be cool
    2008-06-19 04:11 AM
    it cools down nicely when you turn it to charge!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1
    2008-06-19 04:14 AM
    theres several things that can cause ur iphone to warm up, and heres a few that i have come across:

when charging iphone can become warm

when on the phone for an extended period of time

when browsing the net, intensively or using the edge network to download/upload data

or a short circuit/hardware failure(which i hope never happens to me =P ..)
    2008-06-19 04:32 AM
    This doesn't make sense! It can't be normal.. I mean sometimes when I am charging it and talking on it, it gets so hot that I can't put the screen on my face!! Its ridiculous
    2008-06-19 04:38 AM
    what more do you expect from a high end piece of technology, and its fanless :P

but ur right that does suck :P
    2008-06-19 09:05 AM
    Dude! Who said that we knew?? If I knew I wouldn't have asked!!!
    And redcard you need to get help! Your always starting this sh*t.. What's wrong with you

@jakecigar, I noticed that too... Its only when its on and am using it... But I don't think that this right!!! Its very uncomfortable specialy when talking on it...
    and please anyone that wants to comment: say something usefull or shut the hell up!
    I think redcard was pointing to the fact that you were questioning what Apple told you. Although he could have used more tact.

In answer, yes this is perfectly normal.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-06-19 02:33 PM
    Normal.
    God, old shiz this is.
    If Apple says it's normal, usually go by what they say. xD
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-06-19 03:24 PM
    Mine normal. No heating while charging. It gets warm when playing games for awhile or running video to a TV.
    2008-06-19 04:38 PM
    what more do you expect from a high end piece of technology, and its fanless :P

but ur right that does suck :P
    movalwebmaster, thanks slot for posting something useful unlike some other people that think they know everything!!

I think redcard was pointing to the fact that you were questioning what Apple told you. Although he could have used more tact.

In answer, yes this is perfectly normal.
    He should have done it in a less insulting way.... And I know that he/she is always is doing sh*t. He does because he can't get attention in the real world so he is on the Internet trying to get the attention... And I really appreciate him/her and the other couple members here at MMI, because with out them the forum will he so boring.. So go ahead do what u do, your the spice of the forum!!!!but when it gets over the limit it becomes very nasty!!! So take a chill pill!

Of course am gonna question what they say!! And again, a 300 dollars phone shouldn't be like that.... Its a big deal specialy when we are talking about the iPhone( the battery REALLY sucks) and am always charging it!!!

Normal.
    God, old shiz this is.
    If Apple says it's normal, usually go by what they say. xD
    2008-06-19 06:56 PM
    mines gets super hot , and wit all the grease it collects i wouldent be surprised if i could cook some eggs on it , lmaoooo <wow dats nasty>
    i saw , i bought, i unlocked!
    2008-06-19 07:22 PM
    mines gets super hot , and wit all the grease it collects i wouldent be surprised if i could cook some eggs on it , lmaoooo <wow dats nasty>
    Haha!!!! When its hot and am talking on the while charging it gets really Nasty and oily!!! Ewww!
    2008-06-19 11:14 PM
    yeah, mine gets hot as @#%#. And like someone else said...near the mic jack it smells like a burning motor. Only a matter of time.... hehe
    2008-06-20 12:46 AM
    Mine Gets Hot When i run a iPhysics and go nuts with it.

Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!
    2008-06-20 10:07 PM
21 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD