I am selling my 1g iPhone (8gb) for obvious upgrade reasons lol.

my qquestion is, can i sell it to a non-AT&T user, or someone who just wants to use it as an iPod Touch? In other words once I remove my SIM card and sell it, will the purchaser be able to sync it to iTunes without the SIM card or will it prompt him for one + activation?

Thanks

Paul
    2008-06-19 05:12 AM
    He could Unlock it again thru Ziphone or iLiberty and his sim will work fine!

2008-06-19 07:03 AM
    and what if he doesnt want to use it as a phone at all (no SIM), is that possible?
    2008-06-19 03:30 PM
    the iphone will still operate with so sim in it, but may require one just to unlock or "activate"

how much do you plan to see it for?
    2008-06-19 04:37 PM
    Wow, where did you get a 1G iPhone. I thought they only sold 2G/2.5G iPhones. That must be rare...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-06-19 04:43 PM
    Wow, where did you get a 1G iPhone. I thought they only sold 2G/2.5G iPhones. That must be rare...

someones done their homework =] , lol(i think he meant first generation, lol)
    2008-06-19 04:48 PM
    someones done their homework =] , lol(i think he meant first generation, lol)
    HAHA, fo' sure. Homework
    I know a thing or 2...

But I guess it was a bit foolish, now I understand why he wrote 1G... I'll just skulk away into the darkness
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-06-19 04:56 PM
    HAHA, fo' sure. Homework
    I know a thing or 2...

But I guess it was a bit foolish, now I understand why he wrote 1G... I'll just skulk away into the darkness

haha, u even have my *** laughing, no wait, thats a fart, rofl

=]
    2008-06-19 05:33 PM
    yes 1g = First Gen, I specifically wrote a lower case g in hopes it would avoid confusion but I knew that this would still happen lol...

@moval i think like $150
    2008-06-19 05:40 PM
    HAHA, fo' sure. Homework
    I know a thing or 2...

yes 1g = First Gen, I specifically wrote a lower case g in hopes it would avoid confusion but I knew that this would still happen lol...

@moval i think like $150
    lol, when it comes to computers, us dorks seeing a g, b, m, k next to a number makes us only think of one thing, memory....lol

and thats not a bad price considering the 3G iPhone is 200, reason i ask is because my mother in law loves playing parkinglot on my iphone, so i was thinking of just getting her an iphone to have(service deactivated, lol) so she can just use it as a nice game and fanacy mp3/camera, lol
    2008-06-19 05:46 PM
    yea my sales pitch is "hey its at least an iPod touch. so they get the wifi and everything too. my only issue is if i sell it to someone who isnt quite as savvy as myself they wont be able to hacktivate or jailbreak it.
    2008-06-19 05:58 PM
    yea my sales pitch is "hey its at least an iPod touch. so they get the wifi and everything too. my only issue is if i sell it to someone who isnt quite as savvy as myself they wont be able to hacktivate or jailbreak it.
    dont want to sound rude or anything, but thats their personal problem, rofl, if anything point them to this website =] then youll be able to sleep like a baby knowing ur old phone is in good hands
    2008-06-19 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD