User Tag List

Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to connect my desktop PC to the internet through an iPhone?

Are there any accessories I will need to buy to do this?

Also if it is possible what kind of speeds could I expect on my PC?

I am based in the UK so if this is possible it will be through O2 mobile service provider.

Thanks,
    2008-06-20 02:15 PM
    its called tethering.
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon
    2008-06-20 06:31 PM
    youll have to google for the specific way to do this but i know u plug ur iphone into ur computer (via usb) then that becomes the connection, and the iphones edge network device in the iphone becomes shared and u create a personal lan, and if u wanted to get crazy, do it on a desktop, plug a router into the computer, set up dhcp on the computer, bridge the usb/edge connection with nic1 and bam now you can have a lan party anywhere u get cell service =]

*also keep in mind this operation may be illegal in some countries or states. it also may violate ur contract with ur provider and serious consequences may prevail, use caution when attempting*
    2008-06-20 09:11 PM
    google for iPhone tether kit!!!!!!
    2008-06-21 01:58 AM
    Hi there,

Try this link How to Tether and Connect iPhone (1G, 2G and 3G) as Modem for Internet Gateaway My Digital Life

It is a guide to make your iPhone become a modem.

Good luck

Hi there,

Try this link How to Tether and Connect iPhone (1G, 2G and 3G) as Modem for Internet Gateaway My Digital Life

It is a guide to make your iPhone become a modem.

Good luck
    Last edited by thanhacun; 2008-08-01 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-01 08:37 AM
    hey i dont know about all this tethering crap but there is an application call teleport that pretty awesome and performs what your talking about.
    2008-08-02 03:33 AM
    hey i dont know about all this tethering crap but there is an application call teleport that pretty awesome and performs what your talking about.
    this is a VNC application- what he/she was trying to do was connect to the internet on his PC using his iphone's data plan. I have wanted to try doing this but am too afraid of AT&T's fines. I also want to wait for a simpler version where you could hook up via USB instead of all the SSHing
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]
    2008-08-02 04:47 AM
    OK its not allowed in ATT they will kick you from the network! and fine you heavy. T-Mobile is not so strict but i would only do it in a emergency with ATT
    2008-08-02 04:52 AM
    Try NetShare on the App Store and check macrumors.com for updates and tutorials on how to set it up...
    2008-08-02 05:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD