User Tag List

hi,

i keep seeing websites saying place this file into... a place like:
    /private/var/root/bin/Library/

could someone tell me where i can find that?, ive tried plugging iphone in and 'explore' it, and also ive tried 'search for another computer, file, or folder' via start menu>search

(windows xp, itunes 7.5, 1.1.2)

thanks.
    2007-12-08 02:33 AM
    /var/root is your "Home" folder. Every time you connect to your iPhone will will be placed in that folder. So if something says to place an item say in /var/root/Library, when you connect, you can just go straight to Library. Some people will also use a tilde (~) to signify your home directory so "/var/root/Library" becomes "~/Library". Means pretty much the same thing. It's how Unix file systems are designed.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-12-08 02:44 AM
    ah, the itunes library?

so when it says create a new folder, i create it in itunes?
    2007-12-08 02:47 AM
    ah, the itunes library?

so when it says create a new folder, i create it in itunes?
    No no, this is referring to the file system on your iPhone itself. To connect to your iPhone you can use iBrikr (for PC) or Funtastic (for Mac). The easiest way however is to connect wirelessly through WiFi using SSH.

If this is all latin to you, you'd probably get a big help out of looking through some of the guides on the site.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-12-08 02:50 AM
    No, you created in the phone itself. And in order to do that you need to ssh to your phone via SFTP. Creating folders in iTunes won't do anything for you phone.
    2007-12-08 02:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD