Dear All,

I would like to request for your help. Here is my story:

Couple of days ago a notification appeared saying "Repair needed". After applying Ziphone 3.0 GUI and experiencing numerous problems with my phone (I did not succeed in bricking it ), I decided to install iLiberty+ (it is top of the range, indeed). I admit that most of the issues were fixed, with remaining the following 2 problems:

1. Occasionally my phone loses cellular network with "No service" notification
    2. During that precious period of time (about 1-2 mins) of being unreachable, the sound in iPod module is lost, too. I mean, these two issues are connected, that's for certain. Below are some of the details of my phone:
    Firmware: 1.1.4
    Model: MA712LL
    Modem firmware: 04.04.05_G

If anyone has any idea how to deal with this, you are most welcome!

Thank you for your time.
    Stoyan
    2008-06-25 05:58 PM
    moving this to iPhone general chat for ya.
    2008-06-25 06:10 PM
    Before you used iLiberty did you DFU restore and then set the phone up as NEW in iTunes? If not re-do it.
    2008-06-25 07:10 PM
    Hi Poseidon.
    As a matter of fact I chose "Restore in iTunes" without prior to this setting in DFU mode. iTunes itself set the phone to "restore" mode automatically. Should it be different if I'd done it as advised by you? (sorry for the lame question but I'm new in this

Thanks again!
    2008-06-25 07:21 PM
    When going from one jailbreak program to another, a DFU restore is generally a good idea because its a COMPLETE wipe clean. Even more important is when you plug back into iTunes after you jailbreak. You must set the phone us as NEW, not from back-up" or you'll have issues.
    2008-06-25 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD