I have the Lower part my Iphone which is complety dead I have restored the phone 10 times wont help

I am complet newbie I found this file I can load to my phone to make the phone screen more senstive but i thing the file is corupt plus i dont know how to use jail break to put it in to my phone can some 1 help please i am complet newbie
    2008-06-26 08:13 AM
    just restore it and dont jailbreak it go to the apple store and tell them that the screen isnt responding and they will change it immediately
    your screen has dead pixels because of which it isnt responding
    2008-06-26 08:32 AM
    Go to this site iPhone Touchscreen Fix: Increase Sensitivity

Download the 1.1.1 firmware general.plist.rar, extract the files.
    Using SSH, move them to /Applications/Preferences.app folder on your phone
    Respring/restart your phone, and then go to Settings>General>Touch,
    and drag the top slider down until it responds again.
    2008-06-26 10:17 AM
    sorry complet newbie whats SSH and how do i move them to /Applications/Preferences.app

Thanks
    2008-06-27 04:39 AM
    first download ssh check out this guide
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Install OpenSSH on Your iPhone (Installer)
    and then go to ur pc or mac and download fugu if ur on mac
    Cyberduck | FTP, SFTP, WebDAV & Amazon S3 Browser for Mac OS X.
    if ur on windows download winscp
    SourceForge.net: Downloading ...
    open the program and write username:root ,password:alpine
    and then write ur ip adress of wifi
    check ur ip address by going into settings>general>network>wifi>click the blue arrow infront of the wifi and then write ur ip adress in that program and click connect and after a while it will connect

IF U CANT UNDERSTAND THIS TRY THIS :>
    Requirements & Assumptions:

A jailbroken iPhone. For this guide we will assume you are running the current latest iPhone firmware, Version 1.1.4.

An SSH program on your computer. A couple of good free options are WinSCP for a Windows PC, and Cyberduck for a Mac.

The BSD Subsystem installed on your iPhone. You’ll find this under the System category in Installer.

OpenSSH (or another SSH variant) installed on your iPhone. This is also found under the System Category in Installer.

iPhone and computer need to be on the same (usually wireless) network. For the sake of this guide, we’ll assume both are on a home wireless network.

An ability to turn SSH On and Off on the iPhone. SSH programs on the iPhone do not create an icon on the home screen, so one of the easiest ways to do this is to use the BossPrefs application on the iPhone (to install it you’ll need to add the BigBoss source to Installer - which is http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo). There are other iPhone applications that do this as well, but BossPrefs is currenty the best of these in my view.

Steps:

Make a note of your iPhone’s IP address. To find this, on your iPhone go to Settings > WiFi and tap on the blue arrow to the right of the name of your home network. On the screen that comes up, note the set of numbers listed in the IP Address field.
    Turn SSH On, on the iPhone. With BossPrefs and other similar applications, this is just a matter of tapping on the SSH entry to toggle it on and off. Please Note: it is good idea to make sure you toggle SSH back off when you are through using it.
    Launch your SSH app on your computer. WinSCP will land you on a new ‘Session’ screen straight away. On Cyberduck, you’ll need to choose ‘Open New Connection’. See screencaps at the top of this post and below for a look at how these screens appear. Then you need to fill in a few fields to specify how you want to connect and what device you want to connect to. The fields are named slightly differently depending on which program you use, but they are similar enough that you should be able to fill them in as follows:
    Hostname or Server = enter your iPhone’s IP address in this field
    File Protocol = should be SCP on WinSCP and SFTP on Cyberduck
    Username = enter ‘root’ (without the quotes) in this field
    Password = enter ‘alpine’ in this field (without the quotes) or whatever you have changed root’s password to, if you have ever changed it.
    Once you have entered the information as above, hit ‘Login’ on WinSCP or ‘Connect’ on Cyberduck. It may take up to 30 seconds or so to connect.
    You will see a confirmation message asking if you will accept key exchange / connection with the device with the iPhone’s address. You’ll need to say Yes or Allow on these.
    Once connected, you are presented with an Explorer-like view of the file system on the iPhone, or of the iPhone and your own computer. Once there, you can copy files and folders back and forth between the computer and iPhone.
    2008-06-28 09:52 AM
    you can also get your iphone replaced if you have a at&t sim card inside the tray and you dont even need a warranty to get it replaced. havent done this myself but read this iPhone: Troubleshooting touchscreen response
    2008-12-31 10:12 AM
    Your touch screen has gone bad, so I your phone is still under warranty restore back factory settings and take back to the app store, if not have the LCD digitizer replace.
    2010-10-05 03:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD