Hi all, I just bought an iphone on ebay and I do't have any idea what it can do! lol
    I read ALLOT about jailbreaking, unlocking, WinPWN, and customizing, but I still have general questions about it.

Can I customize and edit stuff on the iphone Firmware WITHOUT WiFi?
    If YES then How?

What is THE BEST Firmware for the iphone that is FULLY customizable?

If I open a emulator, game, or something like that can I also be in MSN, ICQ, AIM? So minimize apps, games, and do that type of stuff?
    If YES then How?

How can I pop in a Russian keyboard WITH the English WITHOUT having to re-edit the language options that make the WHOLE Iphone change languages?
    If YES then How?

Is there any App that can make the Iphone's bluetooth send out and receive pics, music, and vids?

I WILL PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON TO EVERYONE THAT HELPS ME

Thank you in advance

Tim - the Russian kid
    Last edited by sk8ertim; 2008-06-27 at 03:41 AM.
    2008-06-27 03:37 AM
    Hi all, I just bought an iphone on ebay and I do't have any idea what it can do! lol
    I read ALLOT about jailbreaking, unlocking, WinPWN, and customizing, but I still have general questions about it.

Can I customize and edit stuff on the iphone Firmware WITHOUT WiFi?
    If YES then How?
    If you download customize and summerboard from installer, which is the main installing app using wifi, whenever you are away from wifi, you can edit the way it looks, which is what I think you mean.

What is THE BEST Firmware for the iphone that is FULLY customizable?
    1.1.4 is by far the best with the most compatibility.

If I open a emulator, game, or something like that can I also be in MSN, ICQ, AIM? So minimize apps, games, and do that type of stuff?
    If YES then How?
    You can not minimize a game, and go to a new app, sorry, when you hit the home button a game, it will not come back to that point. Some aim apps might let you do this.
    How can I pop in a Russian keyboard WITH the English WITHOUT having to re-edit the language options that make the WHOLE Iphone change languages?
    If YES then How?
    If you create a russian keyboard, you can drag it into ssh. but the ipod would still think it is english.
    Is there any App that can make the Iphone's bluetooth send out and receive pics, music, and vids?
    Not that I know of.
    I WILL PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON TO EVERYONE THAT HELPS ME

Thank you in advance

Tim - the Russian kid[/QUOTE]
    wow, none of my avatars work, so it is blend
    oh and i am black
    90210 ftw!!!
    2008-06-27 03:52 AM

If you download customize and summerboard from installer, which is the main installing app using wifi, whenever you are away from wifi, you can edit the way it looks, which is what I think you mean.

What is summerboard?
    And to use Installer.app , do I have to use WiFi?

Some aim apps might let you do this.

Can you tell me the names of them so I could download?

If you create a russian keyboard, you can drag it into ssh. but the ipod would still think it is english.

Well I just whant it to type sum SMS and Chat messages in Russian. So how do I get the SSH?
    [/QUOTE]

What is summerboard?

Can you tell me the names of the INSTANT MESSAGE CLIENTS so I could download?

Well I just whant it to type sum SMS and Chat messages in Russian. So how do I get the SSH?

Sorry for bieng a N00B

(I added thanx)
    2008-06-27 04:14 AM
    You need to look at the wika guides. (top of the page GUIDES)
    They will explain many of your questions.
    2008-06-27 04:22 AM
    I made the thread after looking at them. Yes I might be retarded/dumb.
    2008-06-27 04:25 AM
    What is summerboard?

Can you tell me the names of the INSTANT MESSAGE CLIENTS so I could download?

Sorry for bieng a N00B

(I added thanx)[/QUOTE]
    Summerboard lets you change the way all your icons look, and the background, its in installer, to use installer you need to have wifi, and you can download open ssh from installer, also the im clients are mobilechat and apollo.
    wow, none of my avatars work, so it is blend
    oh and i am black
    90210 ftw!!!
    2008-06-27 05:01 AM
    Thank you again Flattop95, I already setup a wifi connection with my old laptop. Now I have to wait till august to get my Iphone.
    Now just stocking up on ALL the stuffs and info about and for the Iphone.
    2008-06-27 06:47 AM
    You can download things over EDGE (your phone connection), using Installer.app. You don't need a wifi connection necessarily.

Summerboard is an app that lets you change your theme. Download this through Installer. You can download the individual theme packs separately through Installer as well. Only the installation process requires an internet connection and is not needed in normal use.

fring is another good chat client. fring will run in the backround when you login. You can then do other things.

As for the keyboard, I believe there is a preference setting that allows you to change between english and other keyboards. This can be found in the International section in Preferences.app. I'm not sure russian is included though. If that's the case you would have to ssh it in. But, it would be a little difficult to switch on the fly.

SSH is a little program(install OpenSSH through Installer.app) that allows you to transfer files from your computer to your phone. For this to work you need to connect your computer and phone to the same wifi network (this can be an ad-hoc network created by your computer) Download WinSCP onto your computer (or transmit if mac), enter in your phone's ip address, port 22, protocol SFTP. username/password is root/alpine.
    Last edited by desepticon; 2008-06-27 at 07:27 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.
    2008-06-27 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD