hi. im new here, and also am new to the iphone. i'll be picking mine up on or after the 11th. but i would like to get some info on it from you guys. my one big question is......What exactly does jail breaking, unlocking the iphone do for you? and will i still be able to do it with the 3g version?
    2008-06-29 09:26 AM
    Hey! I'm kinda new myself but i've jailbroken my phone. Jailbreakin allows you to use 3rd part apps which lets you have freedom to customize your phone, via installer. Unlocking if i'm not mistaken lets u use other sim cards in the phone. As for as doing to the new 3g phone, you should be able to do it. Just check back here on the 11th and i can assure you that it will be discussed on here. This site is awesome! Just look around the forum a lil bit, you can find out anything you wanna know about the iphone on here.
    2008-06-29 09:52 PM
    yeah with 3g you wont be able to jailbreak it right away , youll have to wait a bit same goes for unlocking ..
    2008-06-29 11:39 PM
    Don't unlock, its not necissary for you and could give your phone some problems with updates.
    Jailbreak allows 3rd party apps. And as long as you don't use ZiPhone, you should be all set. And it may take a few days for 2.0 to be jailbroken.
    2008-06-29 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD