ok heres the problem i have a 1.1.4 jailbroken iphone and used ziphone to jailbreak it ive had my iphone for a very long and it never gave me a problem i couldnt handle until now Ive installed the Vista windows perfection theme which also came with special features such as folders that you can hide all your icons into. I have my installer & summerboard preference icon in my control panel icon. Thats where my problem is, everytime on the main menu i try to open the control panel it takes me right back to the main menu, it like try to open it gets as far as initializing service and sends me right back to the main menu. Ive tried every rebooting method but is still doing the same thing everytime i try to open control panel. my resort now is to restore everything but i want to know before i do that if theres a way i can fix this other than restoring everything back to normal.
    2008-07-01 04:29 PM
    I don't have any experience with that theme but I know it's just done with custom icons and the Categories app. Try loading up Categories and re-creating the "control panel" category. Or it could possibly be a permissions issue with that folder since it's crashing. Have you tried to un-install the theme?
    2008-07-01 04:57 PM
    well i had better luck since i started this thread, I had a empty documents folder on the menu which i had open and notice that i can edit this folder, so when i touched the edit icon on the upper right hand corner i had reached all the icons that i had hidden behind the other folders which allowed me to get to my summerboard and my installer so since then ihave uninstalled that vista folder feature but im wondering about the installing of apps now for some reason when your installing them im getting alot of errors now more than before
    2008-07-01 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD