I was just messing with iPinball when the lower third of my screen stopped responding. I can't access the installer even. Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: To be clear I can get into Installer, I just can't use any of the buttons along the bottom.

----------------

After researching further on here and the Apple forum it seems to be a common problem and the first step to solving it is to try a restore. So a couple of questions:

1. is there's anything special I have to do to restore it because it's jailbroken , or can I just hit the restore button in iTunes?

2. Will restoring do anything to my files aside from removing all of my "mod" apps? Meaning music, photos, contacts, etc.?

I was really hoping to wait until the 11th to restore and upgrade, but I think I need a working phone more. Thanks.
    Last edited by Philbert; 2008-07-08 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Phil Nolan
    Modeler / Animator
    High 5 Productions
    2008-07-08 08:44 AM
    hit the restore button, and restore make sure ur water mark is not pink then hope u havnt had phone for a year and go get a new one from apple. U may want to sync ur stuff b4 u restore
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2008-07-08 11:52 PM
    hit the restore button, and restore make sure ur water mark is not pink then hope u havnt had phone for a year and go get a new one from apple. U may want to sync ur stuff b4 u restore
    Thanks I actually just came back from my arduous journey to the nearest Apple store. I'm not sure what you mean about a pink watermark, but they looked it over, decided it was damaged, and swapped it with a new/refurb. one (they say they don't know which).

I did have a little triumphant laugh to myself though. One of the guys there figured out from my email address that I'm a 3D artist and says "So I guess you use a lot of macs then?" and I proudly told him "Nope I never touch them".
    Phil Nolan
    Modeler / Animator
    High 5 Productions
    2008-07-09 02:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD