View Poll Results: Extended warranty a must have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - worth the price

4 26.67%
  • Nope - save the money

11 73.33%
    Is the 2nd year extended warranty which is selling at the local AT&T store for $69.00. I grabbed the box while I was there holiday shopping, but since the phone isn't open yet, neither is the warranty. So thought I would ask.

Biggest reason I got it - battery is factory service item. Outside of that, It is one of those pay $69 for a 2nd year of coverage on an item that costs $399 - I am paying a high premium for a small bit of insurance. And I don't even know if it provides loss or damage coverage like a normal $5 / month on the cell phone policy does. Haven't read the box enough, but from the initial glance, it looks like just a service agreement with no loss or damage protection.
    2007-12-25 07:16 AM
    I think that the warranty will be voided if you intend to mod your iPhone.
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    2007-12-25 06:44 PM
    I voted "nope" just for the simple fact I have a week 38 iphone and still no problems, & if anything i'll repair it myself.
    ------------------
    Nifty's iPhone 8gig,3G
    firmware version: 3.1.2
    unlocked to T-mobile.
    2007-12-27 06:13 AM
    I got it for mine, I'm to lazy to fix things myself
    2007-12-28 04:02 PM
    Generally speaking, if there's a defect in your device, be it iPhone or anything else, it'll become apparent fairly quickly. If something happens after a years time, its likely due to damage by the user, which wouldn't be covered by warranty anyway.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-12-28 04:20 PM
    Save the money if your gonna mod you phone.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2007-12-30 03:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD