User Tag List

We have about four iPhones in the house..
    We can all connect to Wifi Fine.. but here's what happens:

I'm browsing the web on my iPhone.
    My brother tries to browse the web on his, but it cannot connect. The Wifi signal logo is still shown, but no websites will display, installer & youtube cannot be used etc. I turn my iPhone off, and for about 10 minutes, he still can't connect. Then he can, and it works normal. My mum tries to connect, and she can't.

>.<

Basically, only one iPhone can use the internet in our house at a time
    We have about 4 computers and they all work fine on the internet no matter how many are in use.. When our iPhones dont work, they are connected to the router (the wifi logo is in the status bar) but the internet just will not work

They were all jailbroken unlocked etc via the same method..

Does anybody know how to solve this ?

Thanks.

~ The wonderful world of iPod ♫
    2008-07-09 06:45 PM
    check to see how many clients your router is set to. I bet its 5 and your trying to get 6 to work. I would set it 1 higher then you plan to use. This is what I had to do. I hope this helps
    2008-07-09 06:51 PM
    For some reason, your router may be trying to assign the same IP to each phone. Check this in your WiFi settings. Most current routers can be programmed to reserve IP's for specific MAC addresses, you may wish to use that route as well.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-07-09 08:55 PM
    If you used Ziphone on all the iPhones then they will all have the same MAC address, so your router is going WTF when you are connected to it and then another device which has the same MAC address tries to connect - so it blocks it. You can try MACaddy.app to change the MAC address temporarily of one of the iPhones and see if that helps otherwise restore and use a different jailbreak method.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac
    2008-07-09 09:08 PM
    If you used Ziphone on all the iPhones then they will all have the same MAC address
    I used Ziphone and my MAC address stayed exactly the same. Where are you getting this from?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-07-09 09:11 PM
    He's thinking of the Ziphone Wifi fix. That changes your Mac adress. But I haven't used that.

~ The wonderful world of iPod ♫
    2008-07-09 09:37 PM
    I used Ziphone and my MAC address stayed exactly the same. Where are you getting this from?
    I have read on a number of forums threads knocking Ziphone that have stated part of the unlock process sets the MAC address the same for every device, in particular here

iPhone News & Review Blog Archive Ziphone Warning

Big warning to any ZiPhone users. Zibri’s WiFi fix is extremely dangerous. It hard codes your WiFi adapter’s MAC address to “00:5a:49:42:52:49″. This is ASCII for “Zibri”. This will cause major networking issues. All network cards sold are guaranteed to have a unique MAC address. It’s the lowest layer of how packets are routed. Now any two phones on the same network will not be able to operate properly on the network. Bottom line: stay away from ZiPhone.
    Now i'm not saying this is true, it's just what I have read and in this case it sounds kind of plausable. I Ziphoned my iPod Touch 8gb 1.1.4 no problem, I have an iPhone 8gb 1.1.4 Ziphoned and it has no problem and both can use wifi off my router OK. I have a 16gb Iphone 1.1.4 PWNED and this works fine and my girlfriend has a 8gb 1.1.4 PWNED which also works fine and all four will work off my home router alongside my laptop no problem.

EDIT: OK so that's not your problem so what manufacturer is your router and can you log into the admin and see what is going on from there?
    Last edited by Robcoffee; 2008-07-09 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Typo's
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac
    2008-07-09 09:50 PM
    Wow. Zibri is one giant cock
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-07-09 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD