i was reading somewhere that u can activate the iphone without goin to at&t... just to be able to use the all the other features... but what if later on i wanna get at&t or something can i still go back and do that?

and another question...

Whats the difference between the iphone's ipod... and the ipod touch??
    2007-12-27 12:37 AM
    Ok, you can unlock the iPhone to many different networks, check the wiki guides. If you want to go to AT&T, Im pretty sure you just restore your phone, and activate it, but Im not completely sure on that one because I have AT&T. And lastly, the difference between the two is obviously the phone, and the iPhone has EDGE from the data plan from AT&T or other networks, while the iPod Touch only has internet through Wifi and has no phone although that is coming soon....
    2007-12-27 05:18 AM
    Ok, you can unlock the iPhone to many different networks, check the wiki guides. If you want to go to AT&T, Im pretty sure you just restore your phone, and activate it, but Im not completely sure on that one because I have AT&T. And lastly, the difference between the two is obviously the phone, and the iPhone has EDGE from the data plan from AT&T or other networks, while the iPod Touch only has internet through Wifi and has no phone although that is coming soon....
    thanx for the imput... what i meant about the difference between the iphone (ipod section) and ipod touch was... i heard like... the ipod classic and nano... they have that lil picture slideshow thingy next to the menu... does the iphone or the ipod touch do that... (doesnt really matter... just askin)

and about the activation... say i get the fone out the box... never used or activated... do i HAVE to activate it before i can use the ipod, safari and all the other stuff...
    2007-12-27 06:12 AM
    thanx for the imput... what i meant about the difference between the iphone (ipod section) and ipod touch was... i heard like... the ipod classic and nano... they have that lil picture slideshow thingy next to the menu... does the iphone or the ipod touch do that... (doesnt really matter... just askin)

and about the activation... say i get the fone out the box... never used or activated... do i HAVE to activate it before i can use the ipod, safari and all the other stuff...
    if you dont want to use at&t first DONT activate it through itunes, you need to unlock it

if you do want at&t, then yes, itunes will guide you through unlocking it

to the best of my knowledge, theres no difference between iphone and ipod touch's 'ipod'

they both have coverflow, which is what you see in itunes, if thats what you mean by picture slideshow, this displays the album art cover of the cd, drag left or right to see the next or previous one and touching the picture will play the song
    2007-12-27 07:20 AM
    does the ipod touch or iphone have this view...

bump
    Last edited by jrtek; 2007-12-29 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-29 01:14 AM
    does the ipod touch or iphone have this view...

bump
    No, the iPod Touch's iPod section is just like the iPhone's except for the fact that the touch is split into Music and Videos, while the iPhone has the iPod app which has music and videos combined.
    2007-12-29 02:52 AM
    kool thanx
    2007-12-30 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD