User Tag List

me

K... think of it like this you have an iTouch, it can do all the apps without at&t service. However when you get an iPhone you got to buy the service to activate the apps. Which brings me to the reason why i got an itouch and not an iPhone: you will pay $740 a year at the minimum price (so basicly it's equivalent to buying two more iphones per year) Instead the itouch can access all the apps with no 740$/yr subscription. Yup

K... think of it like this you have an iTouch, it can do all the apps without at&t service. However when you get an iPhone you got to buy the service to activate the apps. Which brings me to the reason why i got an itouch and not an iPhone: you will pay $740 a year at the minimum price (so basicly it's equivalent to buying two more iphones per year) Instead the itouch can access all the apps with no 740$/yr subscription. Yup
    Last edited by bcbuse; 2008-02-07 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-02-07 05:05 AM
    Spend the money on crack.
    2008-02-07 07:18 AM
    Spend the money on crack.
    Only r00t4rd3d would say something like that. lol.
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-02-07 at 10:00 PM.
    2008-02-07 01:11 PM
    Since this thread was bumped can I say a few things.....Let me start by saying that I don't currently own an iPhone I'm still debating on weather or not to get one.

First about the camera.....How many people actually use the cameras on their cell phones to take "quality" pictures?? Personally I only use my cell phone camera when I catch someone doing something stupid or when I see guys with an 8 foot wing on a FWD car!!!! I've never seen someone take a picture on their cell with the intention of framing it or anything.

No Flash?!?!?! Honestly you're not carrying a device that is intended to totally replace you're laptop!! I don't know about everyone else but I personally wouldn't want my iPhone to be my sole source to getting online. I enjoy a 20"+ viewing area

Finally....the iPhone doesn't have GPS.......When the hell are you ever THAT lost where you can't stop and ask what the address to where you are instead of relying on GPS?!?!?!?!? I could only guess that you could then put the address to where you are and the address to where you're going and get directions, no??? Plus GPS is only a way for 'The Man' to keep track of you
    2008-02-07 02:50 PM
    There are a thousand reasons why people wont buy iPhones. I only have one reason why I bought one. I want to

And the only reason I can think of why you dont plan on buying one is...because you don't want to.
    Last edited by Christiene; 2008-02-07 at 05:00 PM. Reason: adding info
    2008-02-07 04:59 PM
    Does it lack features? yes. Could it be considered old news in tech world? maybe, and this is argueable. Is it an amazing phone? definately. You cannot take away from it its easy to use UI, how well apple has mastered the touch gestures on a cell phone, or how it subs for a phone, ipod, web-browser, stock check, whether check, faux GPS, directions giver, youtube video watcher, camera(for those quick pics), the list goes on. I personally enjoy using my iPhone. If you want to bash it, go ahead, if you have nothing else to do than talk trash about a phone and try and act condecsending to others by refuting every comment and coming up with negative answers to every positive one given, perhaps you should throw out your phone, and leave the forums as this is www.modmyIFONE.com.

If you like the phone features, go for it. Hey if you like your iPod Touch, then you will love your iPhone. Imagine your ipod placing calls, sending texts, accessing the web anywhere(only paying $20 a month less then most plans for blackberrys, treos). If you hack the phone, then you will really love the phone, just get one with bootloader 3.9 as there are currently no hacks for a phone with 4.6.
    2008-02-07 09:43 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD