I've been experimenting with different settings in an attempt to increase my battery life. I assumed at first that the 3G network was the culprit. I turned it off and still experienced around a 2 hour battery life. I turned off Location Services and that didn't increase the battery life either. Bluetooth off, wi-fi off; same result. I rebooted in between each setting change to ensure nothing was running in the background. Changed the email setting from Push to Fetch every 15 minutes and my battery life is back to over 8 hours again. YMMV, thanks.

Andrew
    2008-07-21 10:56 PM
    Wow is it possible that some iphones have defectives batteries? I got a 16gb black 3g iphone, 3g enabled, push email to every 30minutes, wifi & bluetooth turned off, some web browsing during the day, a few calls and text msg, brightness is set low to ~20% and after 10hrs i still got over 65-70% battery life!
    2008-07-22 03:29 AM
    I've been experimenting with different settings in an attempt to increase my battery life. I assumed at first that the 3G network was the culprit. I turned it off and still experienced around a 2 hour battery life. I turned off Location Services and that didn't increase the battery life either. Bluetooth off, wi-fi off; same result. I rebooted in between each setting change to ensure nothing was running in the background. Changed the email setting from Push to Fetch every 15 minutes and my battery life is back to over 8 hours again. YMMV, thanks.

Andrew
    This is my situation. It shouldn't be this way though. I can go all day (and then some) with Fetch set to 15min, but the minute i turn on Push, i can watch the battery meter drop. There has to be some sort of bug somewhere. It seems to be impacting about 50% of the people i know using Exchange Push
    2008-07-28 06:54 PM
    I find that Push does affect my battery life, but really not by that much. What really affected my battery life was the 3G, the WiFi, and the "Search for Wi-Fi Networks" thing. That last one really helped. I would turn Push off, but it's just so nice.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS
    2008-07-28 06:57 PM
    I find that Push does affect my battery life, but really not by that much. What really affected my battery life was the 3G, the WiFi, and the "Search for Wi-Fi Networks" thing. That last one really helped. I would turn Push off, but it's just so nice.

I leave WiFi off during the day. I tried Push with Edge (3G off) and had the same battery issues. Push is definitely the cause of my issues.
    2008-07-28 07:09 PM
    I really don't understand all of the battery issues a lot of users are having.
    I think there are two issues:

1) reset your expectation of how long the battery should last. with 3G, gaming, push (or something like it) and all the rest of the great things in the new iPhone you can't expect it to last 2-3days on a single charge and still keep the slim form factor.

2) if your battery dies halfway thru the day (considering you've been using it steadily since launch) you may have a problem with the battery itself. it's not uncommon for 'bad' phones to go out when a new line is launched.

here is my experience; my battery life was what I would consider poor (5-6hrs) in the beginning. After tweaking my settings and resisting the urge to fiddle with it every other minute my batter life has improved to 7-9hrs with moderate gaming, surfing, fetch email every hour and talking here and there.
    I use a bluetooth headset and leave it on at all times.

if you're getting less than 5-6hrs with moderate gaming, browsing and emails call up your provider and get a replacement. do it now since the phone is so new plus, the service providers are expecting a few duds.
    2008-07-28 09:11 PM
    i have pretty good battery life. i always have music playing, and i go on the internet like 5hrs a day on it, between me and my friends. i play games somewhat. but its on being used for most of the day/ and it will last untill like 11pm.
    2008-07-28 09:15 PM
    I really don't understand all of the battery issues a lot of users are having.
    I think there are two issues:

1) reset your expectation of how long the battery should last. with 3G, gaming, push (or something like it) and all the rest of the great things in the new iPhone you can't expect it to last 2-3days on a single charge and still keep the slim form factor.

2) if your battery dies halfway thru the day (considering you've been using it steadily since launch) you may have a problem with the battery itself. it's not uncommon for 'bad' phones to go out when a new line is launched.

here is my experience; my battery life was what I would consider poor (5-6hrs) in the beginning. After tweaking my settings and resisting the urge to fiddle with it every other minute my batter life has improved to 7-9hrs with moderate gaming, surfing, fetch email every hour and talking here and there.
    I use a bluetooth headset and leave it on at all times.

if you're getting less than 5-6hrs with moderate gaming, browsing and emails call up your provider and get a replacement. do it now since the phone is so new plus, the service providers are expecting a few duds.
    With mine, it's simple. Push on - Battery Sucks. Push off - Battery Great
    2008-07-28 09:17 PM
    hey, that could be just it.

fetch is much better solution, plus email will refresh when you open it anyway.

hey, that could be just it.

fetch is much better solution, plus email will refresh when you open it anyway.
    Last edited by iFokust; 2008-07-28 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-28 11:02 PM
    what exactly would a 2.5G phone be........lol.
    If you've posted here 124 times and still don't know what a 2.5G phone is you're in serious trouble buddy. Don't think I can help, sorry.
    2008-07-29 10:58 AM
    If you've posted here 124 times and still don't know what a 2.5G phone is you're in serious trouble buddy. Don't think I can help, sorry.
    Apparently if you have posted in this forum a whopping 3 times and dont know what a joke is then you have a lot to learn, noob. I dont think I can help YOU

......epic
    2008-07-29 05:42 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD