Ok in time 2.0 might offer something useful to me, but as of right now here's how it stands..........

- Apps for the iphone. I've had them, for free, since last year. No need to pay apple.

- Enterprise. Most of the people on this site have absolutely no use for this, hell most of you are fresh out of school or still in it. You won't see an "enterprise" for years if ever. No corporate meetings for you.

- Mobile me. No need to pay apple here either. If you want to upload pics use the photobucket app, unlike mobile me it's a one time charge. Everything else offered by mobile me is useless in practicality.

- better email management. Go to installer and install "iDeletemail"....... it's free.

- contacts search. Wasn't this why they put the "convenient" finger jump to scroller on the side in 1.x.x? Why make it hard having to type?

- additional languages. I understand the need, but as an american I don't care. If you are on this site, you can obviously read english.

- email attachment support. one of the only potentially useful things they actually included. Also one of the things they had in installer as an add on as far back as 6 months ago. sorry apple, fail.

- scientific calculator. I have two things to say about this..... #1 we get the option of 4 different calculators in installer, not just one.

#2 is look at my calculator on 1.1.3 here. Same great features, same look, phone still hacked all to hell and back and running wide open...... look at the carrier.

So at this point unless you think that the 2.0 app store has something you can pay $10 for that'll make you happier than what is on installer, I declare 2.0 to currently be a big fail in features and a big pocket grabber in terms of nearly every feature (mobile me, app store, etc...) to be apple's only real goal of squeezing more money out.
    2008-07-13 07:28 PM
    your pointing out the obvious here. it is clear to everyone that this is apples attempt at copying installer. but unlike installer, every app on the appstore is built by developers with skill, where as, many apps on installer where buggy and you never really knew what you were downloading.

i am happy paying a couple quid for an app with a guarantee of support and updates, and guarantee of quality. i will also jailbreak and use apps such as summerboard when the JB becomes available.

mobileme, i dont use, but it does have some very clear advantages if you use many macs, as i do.

2.0 in my eyes has been a success. i am much happier now with 2.0 than i was with any of the 1.x.x
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
    2008-07-13 08:25 PM
    I agree with one1. I am waiting for the upgrade for the enterprise features, although I highly doubt they will work as intended since most are saying they dont. As far as stable apps most of what i have installed have been written by so called unskilled developers to fix what the "developers with skill" either forgot or left screwed up from apple.
    2008-07-13 08:54 PM
    I love 2.0
    2008-07-13 09:10 PM
    The only app from the appstore I'm interested in is the iCalorie (or whatever) That keeps track of what you eat without having to carry around a notepad. lol

Maybe Super Monkey Ball or if theres another cool game.

And remote is cool as hell.
    2008-07-13 09:14 PM
    The problem with Apple's 2.0 is that when you release FW designed to squeeze the wallet and someone beat you to it 6 months ago for FREE only the people who get excited by the hype won't be able to see past the BS.

.mac was good for wireless syncing if you happened to need it (which I don't), the mobile me "service" is just another opportunity to get you on a paid service from apple. It's not a feature, it's a cash cow.

The app store gives useless free apps, and expensive decent apps. Unfortunately for apple these apps were available on installer 6 months ago for free. Tweaked by devs every day until they were as good as they are going to get. Devs who took donations and kept working to get it right. If you see an app on the app store you've never seen before then you know they have had no user input before it's pricey release. How can you make a successful program without feedback? IMO the only apps that do run with the features YOU want are the one's that are free and have been developed with the communities input over time right here at MMI. If we can't tell you what we want before the release, you can't give us what we want and charge us.

People like patrick and blackjack, LWS and thtouch, and many others have worked tirelessly with the community to make sure all the feedback have been taken into account BEFORE they hit the app store and started charging money. 80% of the app store if not more has never had ANY feedback from the community. They were kept secret and released with zero feedback from anyone.
    2008-07-13 09:23 PM
    I just want a aim app that works over edge, the ability to save pics from email or safari. That's all I can think about about at the moment.
    2008-07-13 09:32 PM
    Saving pics from over Safari will be great. Can finally give pictures to all my contacts. That drives me crazy. I'm pretty OCD on contact info.
    2008-07-13 09:33 PM
    I just want a aim app that works over edge, the ability to save pics from email or safari. That's all I can think about about at the moment.

I've had nothing but good things to say about MobileChat since it's later releases. Never a glitch using AIM. The first versions were horrible, but the latest version or two has been flawless.

As for your second request...... ask and you shall receive.

2008-07-13 09:42 PM
    Listen:
    DEVELOPER sets the price, don't blame Apple for expensive apps, its the developers call.
    2008-07-13 09:46 PM
    No one is blaming apple for app prices. Steve himself said in the previous keynote that devs should set their apps free or under $5 for broad appeal, his exact words. Dev's just aren't listening.
    2008-07-13 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD