hello evrybody.
    i'm new to iphone as well as to this forum. So i'm not sure whether i post this thread in the right section or not.
    my uncle gave me an unlocked iphone as Christmas gift a few days ago. It is version 1.1.1 but itunes always show me that theres an update for my iphone. As im new to iphone and don't know much about unlocking, i'm afraid that my iphone will be locked again after upgrading. Please tell me will my iphone be locked again after upgrading? If yes, will it be hard to unlock it?
    2007-12-30 09:49 PM
    Upgrading will unlock your phone, but there are tutorials on how to unlock 1.1.2, so check out the guides...
    2007-12-30 09:52 PM
    Thanks for ur quick reply. But im sorry i didn't get you.
    Upgrading will unlock your phone.
    what do u mean? Did u mean that after upgrading to 1.1.2, i can still use my Airtel (India) SIM without any problem? No need to unlock again?
    2007-12-30 10:45 PM

what do u mean? Did u mean that after upgrading to 1.1.2, i can still use my Airtel (India) SIM without any problem? No need to unlock again?
    no You connot use your phone after upgrading you will need to unlock and jailbreak after upgrade, but before upgrade you need to install OktoPrep and then go to 1.1.2 but its dificult if you are new to iPhone
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------
    2007-12-30 10:51 PM
    ok thanks. Then i'll go on play with my iphone and learn as much as possible. I'll upgrade only after im ready to unlock 1.1.2
    2007-12-30 11:40 PM

No my bad, upgrading will lock your phone. Upgrading and unlocking your phone on 1.1.2 is hard if you are new to the phone, but if you wait, hang around here, and understand the terminology better, it will become very easy...
    2007-12-31 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD