jailbroke a 1.1.1 iPhone and works well. The problem I am having is my home network is ID'd with the iphone and it logs on. It is assigned a IP address that I don't know and also a sub net mask that is different.
    Checked my routers DHCP settings and a range of 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.10 is present.

On the phone when I connect it is 272.173....... As you can see, totally different. When I start up any web based ap, the phone says it canot find the host or it can't find the server. Does anyone know how to fix this if it is a problem with the phone?
    2007-12-30 09:54 PM
    try to restart the phone and make sure you are connecting to the proper address. If you router is not named, give it a name and if its password protect it, give it a specific- to- you password. If that doesn't work, try restarting the router and the computer.

If my post helped, give it a ThAnKs!!
    If my post is helpful, give it a ThAnKs!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    iPod mini 4g
    iPod Video 30g (not anymore, I will miss you =[)
    Jailbroken iPhone 7.32g
    2007-12-30 10:00 PM
    Tried all that. The router was named from the start and has always being protected. The iPhone would connect with no probs with 1.0.2 and also connected no probs during the 1.1.1 upgrade process.

It appears that this is just happening with my network. I am able to connect to other networks and they are assigning the correct IP to the iPhone.

Just to make matters a bit worse, my laptop and PSP connect to the network with the correct assigned IP address within the routers DHCP range. Does the iPhone store a settings file somewhere that it uses to connect to known networks? If so, I may have to delete the IP and mask settings (thats if it keeps these)
    2008-01-02 04:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD