i just bought an iphone for my son for xmas. Both of our iphones are running 1.1.2(mine has been jailbreaked and now is jailed because I updated to 1.1.2).
    We played the same song simultaneously and his phone was 3 times as loud as mine! Mine is barely audible unless the phone's speakers are pointing straight at me. Why is that? Is there anyway I can increase the volume of my phone's speakers?

Update: I put the speakers up to my ear and noticed a lot of distortion when the volume is high. Could the speaker be blown? Is that covered under warranty?
    Last edited by nathansdad04; 2007-12-31 at 05:40 AM.
    2007-12-31 05:31 AM
    Hmm could be newer ones have better speakers. I've also found that simply cupping my hand around the speaker makes it considerably louder.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-12-31 05:40 AM
    Are the speakers covered under warranty? I've had the phone for 3 months or so.
    2007-12-31 05:46 AM
    Are the speakers covered under warranty? I've had the phone for 3 months or so.
    You could just tell them that they work sporatically. I did that when my earbud fell apart, but I glued it back together until returning it, so after I said it cut out intermitantly, they exchanged it immediately...
    2007-12-31 06:26 AM
    I made an appt with my local Apple Store to have them look at it. I'm going to bring my son's phone also to show them the huge difference in volume between the two.

Apple replaced my phone....speaker volume is much better!
    Last edited by nathansdad04; 2007-12-31 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-31 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.