Anyone else have any "defective" 3G iPhones?

There is a spot on mine where the power button is; the chrome bezel and white backing are seperated. Looks like there is a clip that didnt get pushed in or something when it was manufactured.

Crappy part for me is, I cant do anything about it!!! I had someone with AT&T upgrade and give me the phone so I can unlock it and use it for T-Moble. They had to take the iPhone's sim card for their old phone.

I went back to Apple today and they were going to replace it, but I didnt have the sim card so they couldnt do anything for me. They wanted to activate the new one back to the same account that bought it.

I asked if they can just fix it... answer; our way of fixing it is giving you a new one. VERY COOL on their part, I must admit. Just doesnt help me at all.
    2008-07-15 04:38 AM
    I had the same light leakage problem with my 1st iPhone 3G. Apple replaced it with a refurbished iPhone 3G that had the same problem. So Apple sent me a new replacement iPhone but this time the phone had dead pixel problem. This morning i received 3rd replacement iPhone. OMG! this can't be happening to me. 3rd replacement phone has very disappointing and frustrating cosmetic defects. 1) dent on the back 2) a small bump on the back 3) a small black mark the back that i can't remove 4) scratches on the black plastic area surrounding the camera (inside the clear plastic protecting the camera) 4) black sticky dirt on the speakers 5) scratches on ring/silent button. I am extremely frustrated, angry, and annoyed by the whole situation! I emailed Apple with photos showing the scratches and marks. However, I am tired of sending back defected iPhones to Apple. I think I will have to accept that I am the unluckiest iPhone user who has to live the a defected iPhone
    2008-09-17 04:55 PM
    I had the same light leakage problem with my 1st iPhone 3G. Apple replaced it with a refurbished iPhone 3G that had the same problem. So Apple sent me a new replacement iPhone but this time the phone had dead pixel problem. This morning i received 3rd replacement iPhone. OMG! this can't be happening to me. 3rd replacement phone has very disappointing and frustrating cosmetic defects. 1) dent on the back 2) a small bump on the back 3) a small black mark the back that i can't remove 4) scratches on the black plastic area surrounding the camera (inside the clear plastic protecting the camera) 4) black sticky dirt on the speakers 5) scratches on ring/silent button. I am extremely frustrated, angry, and annoyed by the whole situation! I emailed Apple with photos showing the scratches and marks. However, I am tired of sending back defected iPhones to Apple. I think I will have to accept that I am the unluckiest iPhone user who has to live the a defected iPhone
    Do you live someplace where you can;t just go inot the apple store? They will let you look at your new phone and see if you like it before you take it from them. I had to go through 3 replacements (dead pixels) but they let me go right in and swap it out.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-09-17 11:07 PM
    No - I live in Perth and we don't have Apple shops here in Perth. I wish I could check the phones before taking it home

For my previous 3 replacements, I had to email photos to Apple to prove that my iPhone is in fact defected and then give them my credit card details in case I don't return them my iPhone after receiving a replacement iPhone. I had to do that twice to receive refurbished iPhone and 3rd time I had to return my iPhone to receive a brand new iPhone.

Currently I have the 3rd replacement iPhone that has scratches and dent on it. I am sure if I have energy and patience to go through that again to get a new iPhone.

Or should I? Apple is going to give me free 1-yr access to MobileMe or a Bluetooth headset regardless of my decision to keep the 3rd replacement iphone or not to make me feel tiny bit better...

Do you live someplace where you can;t just go inot the apple store? They will let you look at your new phone and see if you like it before you take it from them. I had to go through 3 replacements (dead pixels) but they let me go right in and swap it out.
    2008-09-19 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD