I'm planning to go with my friend, who has ATT and an iPhone 3g, to the Apple Store and telling the worker that my friend lost his iPhone. Would they replace it for the $199 price and he wouldn't have to go through the contract hassle? I mean, if he did, there still be an unused iPhone 3g.

Now my next question is, if the method works, and a jailbreak for the 3g is released, will I be able to use the iPhone features, mainly mp3 and camera?
    2008-07-15 05:42 AM
    There is NO insurance on the iphone for "losing" it, so they would say thats to bad. Just buy one dude.
    2008-07-15 05:45 AM
    I don't care about the phone itself, I like my service provider. I just want an iPod with a camera... and $200 sounds like a great price for me, even if its only 8gb--it's all I need.

Here's the point of my idea. There will be two 3G iPhone, one being unactivated. I keep the unactivated one, find a hack that allows me to use all, if not most of its features mainly mp3 and camera without having to fall into the ATT plan. That's why I need a friend to help me out because I hear you can't buy a 3g without activating it at the Apple Store itself.
    2008-07-15 05:50 AM
    I'll do you a favor, the Mods dont like threads about "stealing" on this forum. Just to let you know.

If you want to spend $200 for an ipod with a camera, go to ebay and find a first-gen iphone. Im sure you will find some in that price range now.

Also, again....Apple aint gonna fall for it.
    2008-07-15 05:59 AM
    I don't care about the phone itself, I like my service provider. I just want an iPod with a camera... and $200 sounds like a great price for me, even if its only 8gb--it's all I need.

Here's the point of my idea. There will be two 3G iPhone, one being unactivated. I keep the unactivated one, find a hack that allows me to use all, if not most of its features mainly mp3 and camera without having to fall into the ATT plan. That's why I need a friend to help me out because I hear you can't buy a 3g without activating it at the Apple Store itself.
    If that was the case, then every con in the world would do that and Apple would lose a **** load of money. What you really need to do is.......instead of conning your way in for a free iphone you should find an ipod touch on ebay for CHEAP (sorry I don't think you can get it for free unless you stole it) then a CHEAP digital camera. Then go to your local hardware store and buy duct tape and tape then together. Therefore you can have a MP3 player, a camera, and a guiltless conscience all in one.

I wish you the best of luck in you quest for a free MP3 player/camera device, I just don't think anyone on this forum will be cheering for you. No offense
    Last edited by The_Godfather3; 2008-07-15 at 08:32 AM.
    If I helped you please hit the THANKS button

2008-07-15 08:20 AM
    wouldnt work because he already signed for two years and he wouldnt be eligible for the 200 price. you need to be mature and not try to screw a company out of their handsets. it wont work. the end.
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon
    2008-07-15 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD