I can barely hear anyone.. this started this morning and I'm really panicking now. I'm trying a restore and if this doesn't work I think I'm screwed. I don't have the money to buy another one!

If I was to take it in with my buddies AT&T sim in it (He has the same phone as me) and they run a diagnostics check they couldn't tell the difference could they? I mean what does the diagnostics check entail? Do they scan the card for a name?

No one can help me here? :/
    Last edited by Brandnew70x7; 2008-07-19 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-19 06:29 AM
    Well I was an idiot when I got my very first iPhone so I have to ask. You didn't put a screen protector that covers the speaker did you? I left the plastic on my first and couldn't figure out why my new precious iPhone's audio quality sucked. That is my only idea other than a restore if that isn't it.
    2008-07-19 06:33 AM
    The round part I assume is the ear piece yes? I have a screen protector but it's not covering that. Or is it somewhere else?

I did restore, no difference I'm afraid.
    2008-07-19 06:36 AM
    The thin oval at the top is the speaker. The one you put your ear next to. You have tried pushing volume+ while in call? Make sure volume- isn't stuck. Check and make sure you get a display on screen during call highlighting all off the volume bars below the on screen speaker picture. Not trying to make you feel dumb but I feel your pain w/o an iPhone.
    2008-07-19 06:47 AM
    Yeah. I figured out what it was.

Pretty gross... that residue you get on the phone when you talk on it (I know I'm not the only one, I'm very clean too...) seemed to have built up on the earpiece. I scraped it with a pin and now it works fine again.

Sick.
    2008-07-19 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.