My girlfriend has an iPhone 4GB 1.1.4, everything works on the phone just fine. Last couple of weeks it started not to lock keys when she is on the phone. You know like the screen goes to blank when you are talking so you don't hit any buttons, well it doesn't. That's why the battery dies fast and she mistakenly hits the mute button etc.

Anybody had this problem before?

Funny thing, we realized something. I got her this iPhone case. This is the case that I got:

when the case is on the phone, it does this problem. when it is not, it doesn't . I know it might sound funny but we tested it did it everytime the case was on.

Any ideas to fix this?? (please don't tell me to get another case) I want to know the logical explanation...
    2008-07-19 05:59 AM
    cut (or paper hole puncture) a couple holes where the sensors are by the earpiece.
    2008-07-19 06:01 AM
    cut (or paper hole puncture) a couple holes where the sensors are by the earpiece.

thanks for the info. I didn't know the sensors were there, are they visible?
    2008-07-19 09:13 AM
    thanks for the info. I didn't know the sensors were there, are they visible?
    Yes, go find a bright light and hold the phone underneath it. You should see slightly gray dots underneath the glass. These are the sensors
    2008-07-19 02:52 PM
    Yes, go find a bright light and hold the phone underneath it. You should see slightly gray dots underneath the glass. These are the sensors
    I know that she won't be able to find where it is so can you post a picture showing where they are located? thanks...
    2008-07-20 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD