When others send me pictures I get a text message to go to viewmymessages.com

And on top of it if you are on your iphone when you get one then you have a login name and password in which you can not copy and paste the info in there...

My friends can't believe it is like this for the iphone! When they send me pictures like this I want to puke because of how we have to view them....

Does anyone know of a better solution?
    2008-07-19 04:35 PM
    When jailbroken hopefully Swirly MMS will be ported to 2.0 and we can get it to work on AT&T! Until then, we are gimped.
    2008-07-19 04:39 PM
    Speaking of which... the new Swirly MMS is so good. I might actually *gulp* buy it.
    2008-07-19 05:51 PM
    Look, you have to understand that buying "the most technologically advanced media phone ever produced" has its drawbacks....LIKE NO MMS CAPABILITIES....damnit Apple what are you thinking, hahaha.
    2008-07-19 06:40 PM
    I read somewhere that Apple's intent was that people would use e-mail to send pictures. Yeah great if the other person is even using email on thier phone or if they ahve an iphone but most like MMS. In fact not everyone who has an iphone even uses its email. My 18 year old son rarely uses email to begin with, he mostly texts. He only will use email on his desktop and then only if he "has to".
    2008-07-19 10:32 PM
    I don't know anyone that uses email to send pictures! EVERYONE now days uses MMS.... Sure wish Apple would get it together! I read on this forum some where that the pictures on the iphone are better quality so it would be to hard for ATT to push them through.....

My goodness what was Apple thinking of when they went with ATT? Not saying ATT is bad but I wish Apple would have went with Verizon..... The iphone is such a wonderful device and now many can't live without it... but in the long run many have to suffer to have the iphone as well in many ways.....
    2008-07-21 08:40 PM
    Just have them send the text message to your email address.
    2008-07-21 08:46 PM
    MMS on AT&T:
    1. Buy a GO Phone from somewhere.
    2. Use Ziphone 3.0 to clone the IMEI # from the go phone to the iPhone.
    3. Call AT&T and tell them you no longer use the iPhone and need to switch your plan to a regular voice plan plus the media max (unlimited data and text/mms)
    4. Give them the IMEI # of the GO Phone.
    5. You can now use swirlyMMS to send/receive picture messages.
    6. You lose your visual voice mail when the iphone plan is deleted from your account*
    2008-07-21 08:50 PM
    MMS on AT&T:
    1. Buy a GO Phone from somewhere.
    2. Use Ziphone 3.0 to clone the IMEI # from the go phone to the iPhone.
    3. Call AT&T and tell them you no longer use the iPhone and need to switch your plan to a regular voice plan plus the media max (unlimited data and text/mms)
    4. Give them the IMEI # of the GO Phone.
    5. You can now use swirlyMMS to send/receive picture messages.
    6. You lose your visual voice mail when the iphone plan is deleted from your account*
    He's got it right.
    This won't work with 2.0 though.
    If you need help drop me a PM.
    2008-07-21 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD