Why are you using iTunes 7.7? Upgrade to 9.03 and restore to 3.13 then use RedSn0w to JB and unlock.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2010-04-28 08:32 AM
    yeah I have itunes 7.7 on my pc and i have itunes 9.1 on my mac.

I have tried follow your guidelines, but now it says error 6 in itunes! Is this even worse or?!
    Last edited by pagh11; 2010-04-28 at 09:46 AM.
    2010-04-28 08:46 AM
    I have the same problem.
    iPhone 3Gs, last firmware 3.1.2 jailbroken with Pwnage.
    I have tried all POSSIBLE ways. no difference in Recovery mode or DFU.
    it goes to "waiting for iphone", the bar is empty and after 20-30 sec. error 9 and it goes to recovery mode again.
    i have tried with Windows 7, vista, XP and mac power PC and intel based, with itunes version 9, 9.03 and 9.1
    No success, the same error again and again.
    i have checked FW 3.1.2, 3.1.2 custom and original 3.1.3
    the best solution i've found on web pages is: Replacing by Appstore.
    Any new ideas?
    2010-04-28 10:09 AM
    hello All,

i am facing the same kind of problem with my iPhone 3g. i upgraded the fw to 4.0 using the sn0wbreeze. it worked fine, after a week while syncing songs it suddenly restarted and after wards it kept on restarting. and when i tried to restore it gave me error 9. i have tried almost around 30 times but i get the same error. i have tried with different usb cables, different ports and even i have tried on MAC but i get the same error. can anyone help...??
    2010-08-11 06:04 AM
    hello All,

i am facing the same kind of problem with my iPhone 3g. i upgraded the fw to 4.0 using the sn0wbreeze. it worked fine, after a week while syncing songs it suddenly restarted and after wards it kept on restarting. and when i tried to restore it gave me error 9. i have tried almost around 30 times but i get the same error. i have tried with different usb cables, different ports and even i have tried on MAC but i get the same error. can anyone help...??
    Same thing here. Last night i was upgrading 2 apps from the app store and suddenly the pinnaple came. I tried everything, tiny umbrella, etc..... Nothing happens.
    Does anybody have a solution for the famous error 9?
    Regards

C´mmon, there´s no solution for the error 9?
    Last edited by granmah; 2010-08-29 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-29 09:50 PM
    I had the same error crop up this morning. I tried restoring to older ios versions as well as just letting apple update my phone to 4.1 . I tried different USB cables, different ports but nothing worked.So I went to the latest Pawnage tool and recreated a new ipsw file and followed the directions to restore using this new ipsw and dfu mode. Now I am back at the slide for emergency screen and a restore from backup.

seems to have worked restoring now
    2010-11-02 07:58 PM
    try checking apple.com
    Wow - thats a really ******* useless post.
    Why'd you even bother?

Christ
    2013-01-31 05:32 AM
    Wow - thats a really ******* useless post.
    Why'd you even bother?

Christ
    Uh, that post was 5 years ago lol
    2013-01-31 05:35 AM
    Lol his first post since he joined. Very odd
    2013-01-31 12:19 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD