does anybody know if jailbreaking your phone can destroy your ability to use safari/maps/youtube/weather/anything internet connected? When I'm on edge, nothing will connect. It tells me i'm connected to routers, but it still says the server's jacked and nothing loads. My phone calls and texts are fine, but neither edge nor wifi will work. If anybody can help, it would be much appreciated.

BTW:
    4gb 1st gen, bought on day one last year.
    It's been jailbroken and restored quite a few times w/ quite a few programs.
    It's been like this since i jumped to 1.1.4 and jailbroke it.
    Its currently on 2.0, it's not jailbroken.
    2008-07-21 09:29 PM
    Wow, you're one of the few people who still have a 4gb iPhone =]
    Anyways, i don't know the answer to your question though, i mean 2.0 firmware jailbreak is still a little buggy, im waiting to do it until installer is ported over.
    A Thanks is always nice =]
    2008-07-21 09:48 PM
    i'm not even worried about the jailbreak. i just wanna wipe it clean somehow so that whatever i did to it to mess up the edge and wifi settings is undone, so i can sell it and get a 3g. i've never really had issues with it, at least until a month or so ago.

and yeah, it definitely sucked having the 4 gb, so i'm getting the 16 this time.
    Last edited by Phoenity; 2008-07-21 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-21 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD