User Tag List

how can I turn off ssh to conserve battery in 2.0? there used to be an addon preferences pane for 1.4, but I cannot find it with cyndia.
    thanks!
    2008-07-22 08:02 PM
    how can I turn off ssh to conserve battery in 2.0? there used to be an addon preferences pane for 1.4, but I cannot find it with cyndia.
    thanks!
    SSH doesn't use battery, because it isn't "on," unless you are connected to it via WiFi or otherwise.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS
    2008-07-22 08:15 PM
    I have read at several sources including this site that ssh services running in the background can drain your battery.

Is there of bossprefs pane for 2.0?
    2008-07-22 08:55 PM
    I have read at several sources including this site that ssh services running in the background can drain your battery.

Is there of bossprefs pane for 2.0?
    If you are on 2.0 and installed SSH from Cydia your battery will not get drained.

Per the Cydia author Open SSH does not use up battery unless you are using it:

Also, he states that in this version of of Open SSH the password is not broken and you can change it to whatever you want. So no more security issues. :hack:

To change password in Terminal:

ssh [email protected](or whatever your IP address is)
    alpine
    passwd

You will now be prompted to enter a new password. You will then be prompted to enter the password again. Your root password is now changed.

Source
    • On T-mobile with 2.0 with help from Pwnage 2.0

2008-07-22 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD