Ok, this is kinda weird. I have an old iPhone 8GB. Just recently I upgraded to 2.0 (Week ago) All things were working fine but today I pick up my phone and the touch doesn't work. I restore the phone and touch works for about 5 minutes and stops again. The screen shows if I get calls but nothing touches. It's so weird. Any suggestions?

Also, my car is a Lexus that requires a smart key. I have read where people said that keeping them in the same pocket will sometimes cause problems but is it possible that it would cause something like this? My key was acting funny today when it was by the phone (Car wouldn't start with the phone by the key).
    2008-07-23 06:46 AM
    If she won't let you touch her, try giving her flowers or chocolate. If that doesn't work, try diamonds, that's a surefire fix.
    2008-07-23 06:51 AM
    Well the iPhone is magnet proof. Id take it to the Apple store ASAP before it get any worse. Theirs not really much we can do on this site, or Call Apple and tell them exactly that about your Key..

My 2 Cents, Get back us i wanna know whats wrong
    EDM
    2008-07-23 07:02 AM
    Haha @Wii60

@ktreece777 You might try restoring. Could be a simple software/firmware bug.
    If not, the Apple store would be grateful of your presence.
    2008-07-23 07:03 AM
    Well, I keep restoring and it works fine for about 5 minutes then back to not letting you touch.
    2008-07-23 07:11 AM
    Just take it to the Apple Store ASAP
    EDM
    2008-07-23 07:14 AM
    Well, I am about 2.5 hours from the closest apple store.
    2008-07-23 07:26 AM
    Well, I am about 2.5 hours from the closest apple store.
    While u drive down spend ur 2.5 hrs restoring ur phone .. n then using it for 5 mins... again restore... use for 5 mins...that way u wont even get bored sittin in ur car for 2.5 hrs
    2008-07-23 10:16 AM
    the 2.0 firmware for the 3G phones is buggy as crap.

-I've had it perma-lock where it needs to power down and reboot before it even lets me back to the homescreen.

-The Home button has stopped working, pretty much leaving me stuck in an app or a program (has happened a few times, also requiring a forced shut down to remedy)

-When playing podcasts, any switching between applications causes nice hiccups in playback; an issue I've never had with the 2G phone.

-Touch screen responds sometimes to when putting in the 4 digit passcode when getting into the phone, but doesn't actually input any numbers. I.E. it makes the click sounds as the numbers light up when touched, but none of the passcode boxes fill.

-Sending SMS messages increased phone latency tremendously, as in I could type a message and there in a 2-3 second delay per letter press. Again, another problem I never had with the supposedly slower 2G phone.

So take the phone back to apple since your problem seems a lot more serious than the slew of software troubles I've had in the last week. At least I can still use the phone :P

And no, I've not pwned the phone or anything yet, its still 'stock'
    2008-07-23 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD