This guy I use to go to school with just IM me saying he had
    two 16GB 3G iPhones in black brand new in the box for $200.00
    I'm going to check them out tomorrow I know its not BS because
    I bought my 1st Generation iPhone from him which i have now
    that works perfect unlocked on t-mobile with 2.0 and everything.
    However, my friend wanted both when I told him and then I looked
    on ebay and saw how much they were going for! I have money so
    I can't be greedy like that so I am going to give him the 1 for $200
    and was wondering a few things:

1.) He has AT&T so can he just put his sim in and use it to just call
    and text with no problems? He has a sidekick LX so AIM and Internet
    is not a big concern for him he just wants to upgrade his phone with
    out getting that expensive bill.

2.) Can 3g iPhones work on t-mobile since they are 3g? MY guess was
    yess just won't work as 3g right? Correct me if I am wrong.

Special thanks to whoever can answer me these questions and give me
    even more info because i am not sure about these 3G iPhones. If your
    extra nice and want the other I will consider private listing on ebay for
    $600?? (Just a thought not trying to sell on her). No I am not a scammer
    MySpace.com - B.B.E.P.M. - 19 - Male - Chino Hills, California - www.myspace.com/paypaboi3100 is my myspace MySpace.com - PAYPABOi - 909 MoVe - 909, California - Rap / Hip Hop / Rap - www.myspace.com/paypaboi3100m is my music myspace and if you
    want my facebook and phone numbers and e-mail addresses if you feel
    sketched out you can have those too lol (i have been scammed before so i know how others may feel)
    2008-07-23 10:32 AM
    3g has not been unlocked YET so it wont work on tmobile as of this moment, however it is jailbroken and previous hacks from 1.0 to 2.0 are becoming more widely available as people teak 1.0 apps to work with 2.0

even though the iphone has been out for quite some time now, and just like all new products when they hit the market, they dont come hacked straight out of the box, so it will take some time just like in the first gen. iphone before the 3g will be fully at the mercy of its owner =]

just keep checkin the MMI home page for any minor or major improvements
    2008-07-23 11:27 AM
    wow 200............. thats even less and without a contract
    2008-07-23 05:50 PM
    T-mobile does have 3G but its in very select areas(like cretin parts of new york city) But it uses a different set of frequencies for the 3G that the iPhone does not have. When the unlock for 3G comes out you can use it with t-mobile but it wont have 3G speeds. Also it should work just fine if you put a SIM in there as long as it's at&t
    Everytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)
    2008-07-23 06:10 PM
    wow 200............. thats even less and without a contract
    Yeah tell me about it! He sold me my 1st gen for $190 because he said $200 but i only had $190 on me. I think his brother works somewhere I don't even ask because sometimes people get offended...

T-mobile does have 3G but its in very select areas(like cretin parts of new york city) But it uses a different set of frequencies for the 3G that the iPhone does not have. When the unlock for 3G comes out you can use it with t-mobile but it wont have 3G speeds. Also it should work just fine if you put a SIM in there as long as it's at&t
    Thanks for the info i appreciate it! Also you had a pretty smart sag so I pressed thanks!

3g has not been unlocked YET so it wont work on tmobile as of this moment, however it is jailbroken and previous hacks from 1.0 to 2.0 are becoming more widely available as people teak 1.0 apps to work with 2.0

even though the iphone has been out for quite some time now, and just like all new products when they hit the market, they dont come hacked straight out of the box, so it will take some time just like in the first gen. iphone before the 3g will be fully at the mercy of its owner =]

just keep checkin the MMI home page for any minor or major improvements
    Cool! that's good to know also! I appreciate your response!
    Last edited by paypaboi3100; 2008-07-23 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-23 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD